996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Europipe Shocks The World!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 08:47 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Europipe Shocks The World!!!!

EUROPIPE SHOCKS THE WORLD!!!!

Those crazy Belgians have been up to their old tricks again! Stef and Herme, the most pleasant and professional gentlemen you will ever meet, have pulled out all the stops on what is considered by me to be the most exquisite Porsche 996 turbo exhaust ever made!

Chad first started it, with his one off design collaboration several years ago. To that end, the Europipe guys have learned a bit and tweaked a bit to create this new metal monster!

Months ago, I was having some casual conversations with Stef about my turbo upgrade path with the car and we got to talking about exhaust flow. We discussed the limitations of some of the exhausts on the market as well as those they already provide. With all of the horsepower being extracted from these cars these days, and my eventual need for more, he proposed the design of a new, bigger, badder, more potent exhaust than he has ever built. Yes, ever.

Fast forward several months……

Staying involved with the progress of the research and development of the top secret exhaust was both enlightening and thrilling! From the little setbacks of fitting the extra large dual outlets to the flow bench criteria and results, the ride has been enjoyable and above all, an honor!

The other day, I received word that it was complete. OMG! I could hardly contain myself! But again, in typical top shelf Europipe fashion, Stef had the exhaust at my door in two days…from Belgium. Never before have I received such service and care as with these guys. But, of course it doesn’t end there……

The quality of workmanship is nothing short of that which belongs in the Louvre!! I kid you not! The impeccable quality of the welds, the fit, the finish, are absolutely awe inspiring! Having a love for photography and art, where form follows function, I almost can’t decided whether to encase this in glass and use it as my living room coffee table or mount it on the car!! It is THAT beautiful!!

Well, I feel I wouldn’t be doing it justice if I were to use it to support drinks in my living room, so the decision has been made, the car gets it!! LOL

The pipe diameters of the “Stage 2 Loud” that it replaces pale in comparison to the new “Model 800”. The new “Model 800”, as Stef deftly calls it, is a flow monster! They flow bench tested it with spectacular results. Stef tells me it is perfectly suited for cars with 600 horsepower and up.

I have already removed the Stage 2 Loud and have not yet installed the Model 800 yet, but the installation is imminent. I better hurry though, if I see that beautiful beast lying around too long, it may make it to the living room!!!

Last edited by KPV; 03-19-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Ken - That's very cool. Coincidentally, I have been e-mailing back and forth with Stef a couple of times about this very exhaust. It sounds awesome. What is the diameter of the primary tubing? Are you going to post the flow rates and back pressure measurements?

I can’t wait for you to describe how it sounds relative to the Stage 2 Loud. Congratulations on an outstanding addition to your car.

Mike

Old 03-19-2006, 09:17 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Nothing but the best from Europipe. They are great people to boot. The exhaust they built for me over three years ago had 85mm tubing from the expansion chamber to the muffler and two 60mm pipes from each muffler out. From the outside .............. it looks just like my prototype.

The exhaust flowed but the sound was to die for. It was unique and young and old alike stopped to complement me on the sound.

Europipe ............ there are immitators but there is no substitute.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:23 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Chad,
Stef told me the biggest difference with this one is with the outlets. Instead of twin 60mm outlets at each side, there is one 63.5mm and one 70mm at each side.

Backpressure was measured at 0.08 bar on a stock car.
Good to see you here.

Last edited by KPV; 03-19-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPV
Chad,
Stef told me the biggest difference with this one is with the outlets. Instead of twin 60mm outlets at each side, there is one 63.5mm and one 70mm at each side.

Good to see you here.
Yes, that would be a difference. The other difference is my two 60mm run into a funnel so the system looks to be stock.

For a car that spends alot of time on a lift, it sure has alot of first's to it's credit.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:37 PM
KPV
Quite the sleeper!! LOL

Old 03-19-2006, 09:44 PM
cjv
Ken,

It's great to see you posting again.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:47 PM
KPV
Bears sleep during the winter.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:20 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by KPV
Chad,

Good to see you here.
I'm gona have to see if Stef will send me two of the 63.mm and 70mm bends.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:24 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by cjv
I'm gona have to see if Stef will send me two of the 63.mm and 70mm bends.
I wonder who will try to copy Europipe this time?

Old 03-19-2006, 11:14 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
That is awesome looking...still lovin' my stage II quiets!

Old 03-19-2006, 11:20 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Is the Cat or primary tube different than the stage 2?

Old 03-19-2006, 11:24 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by ebaker
Is the Cat or primary tube different than the stage 2?
If they are like mine ............ yes.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Faast996TT is on a distinguished road
What are you going to do with your old Stage 2?

Old 03-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
better call it art work than exhaust!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Europipe Shocks The World!!!!