996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The hitch is back !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:15 PM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
The hitch is back !

I am one of only a couple of people that I'm aware of that has a tow hitch system for a 996. I searched high and low for a way to tow a jetski and eventually saw an article in some magazine with a yellow EVOMS (cab I think) and it had a HITCH ! A quick email to Todd at EVOMS and I found he had 1 left (out of a total of 3 made) and was willing to part with it, Sharkwerks' James (then Akkurat) was happy to fit it.

Apparently used for towing track wheels/tires, but a jetski is about the same weight.

It ran all last year pulling the 'ski to the lake, I took it off for the winter and just put it back on today. You wouldn't believe the double take people do when they see a 996 pulling a jetski. I even had a Cop stop and ask me how it worked.

Here's some pics, the license plate is offset so that from behind it's almost invisible, the plate moves to it's "up" position when towing, which exposes the hitch. The wiring is hiding in the engine compartment.

I realize it's definitely not everyones cup of tea, I've heard all the "get a truck" and "what are you thinking !" comments already, but it definitely does work very well for a 'ski and I hear equally as well for track wheels/tires.

Attached Images    
Old 05-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Way to go!!!! I won't be one of the naysayers!!!!

Old 05-14-2006, 11:38 PM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
Here's one from the lake last year, minus the GT3 wing.

Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2006, 06:50 AM
nicolaasdb is on a distinguished road
about 20 years ago...I saw a Porsche 944 with a trailer behind it..one of those little homes on wheels....it is kind of a SM sight!! A P with a trailer (any trailer)

Old 05-15-2006, 09:25 AM
mjl
mjl is on a distinguished road
I'm glad I do have a truck to pull mine but if not I'd consider it. P-cars & jet skis are too much fun to be mutually exclusive.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by simon
Here's one from the lake last year, minus the GT3 wing.

LOL, the seadoo looks bigger than the whole car!!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
I like it....

I want it ;-)

1 track ready, daily driven, jetski towing, fun car..... hmmmmm

Old 12-07-2006, 06:23 PM
PTarga is on a distinguished road
I see people do this a lot with their track tires. That is one nice tow truck!

Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road

Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2006, 08:07 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
get a truck.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by zdr2k
get a truck.

When I bought my jetski I had the Boxster and had to buy a tow vehicle. I hate trucks and ended up buying a Nissan Maxima to tow the ski to the lake, it worked great and we went about 6 times. Sold the jetski, then got rid of the tow car. But if I could tow the next jet ski with my track/daily driver, why not!!

Old 12-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I love it....thats what the car is for to be used...

Old 12-09-2006, 05:35 AM
s.bjorn.hoffman is on a distinguished road
I love it!
Allmost makes me wish I had a jetski... Guess IĀ“ll settle for a ski-rack on my 911. Deep into december and no snow here yet unfortunately. Warmest fall/winter in history here in Sweden. Studded winter tires on the C4 waiting in the garage!

Old 12-09-2006, 08:21 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Man, buy a truck.. Don't ruin a toy!!

Old 12-13-2006, 01:42 PM
pjalexandre is on a distinguished road
I seriously want one of these to tow my track stuff. !!! Anyone have one they aren't using?

anyone know if you can you put a 1/4 receiver mount or are you limited to the ball? If so then I could use one of those hitch mounted bike racks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The hitch is back !