997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Greetings from Eurocar and 9ff - group buy test!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:32 PM
ECB
ECB is on a distinguished road
Greetings from Eurocar and 9ff - group buy test!

Hows it going guys!

As recently chartered 6speedonline sponsors, everyone here at Eurocar Boutique would like to say a big HELLO! And WhatsUP! To commemorate our involvement with this incredible enthusiast community, we want to offer a group buy to each major Porsche forum group.

However, we need you guys help. What is each group most interested in? Wheels? Powerkits? Suspension? Let us know, we’ll crunch the numbers and set up a group buy.

We especially want to encourage owners who have thought about enhancing – but as yet have not. That enticement comes by reducing the cost of ownership of 9ff’s premium products.

9ff was recently awarded their manufacturer’s license. This means that they are able (and are) producing their own cars bearing their own VIN. Additionally many of their products carry TÜV certification. 9ff has many close ties with Porsche AG as well as with several high tech and aerospace companies in Germany. They have such a deep and complex understanding of Porsche vehicles that when they offer an enhancement product, you can be guaranteed that it has been significantly over-engineered. New problems that may occur by changing OEM parameters have already been solved. This is the result of extreme tuning. They understand that it is not enough to simply change one parameter without addressing and supplanting others. Products such as their High HP/speed gearboxes, crate motors with TI con-rods, reworked oiling systems and oval pistons and 900HP motors with rebuilt internals, water intercoolers and more bear proof of this.

However, you don’t need to have a 900HP TT or 800HP Cayenne Turbo to enjoy this level of engineering mastery, as it applies at all levels – ECU programs & powerkits that go beyond the limits, center-locking wheels or the innovative Cayenne air suspension Lowering system – their complete knowledge of the OEM functioning permits exemplary, yet elegant solutions.

So take a good look through what is available, post here, send us emails or call us. We’ll monitor the threads for a week or so, get some consensus – then make set up some group buys.

Most of all though, get out there and DRIVE!

Thanks a lot and Enjoy!

n.b. our 997TT area is under construction.

The following items are available.

-19" BBS/9ff Centerlocking wheels
-20" forged wheels
-50HP powerkit (ECU/filter)
-80HP powerkit (ECU/filter/Variotune exhaust)
-Variotune Exhaust
-660HP Powerkit
-PASM coilovers

Old 07-10-2006, 12:19 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
How exactly does that 50/80HP powerkit work? I was under the impression that the VTG turbine couldn't be tweaked yet. Seems like you guys are already ahead of Porsche's game! I'm very curious to hear about the "power" mods.

Got pictures of the wheels too? On the car preferbly!

Thanks for giving us a great set of options to work with!

Jason

Old 07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
ECB
the 50Hp powerkit is an ECU reflash/BMC filter. 9ff tuned their 997TT on their MAHA dyno. The 80Hp powerkit would include their 997TT version of the acclaimed Variotune exhaust. Luxury and Modified exotics has a nice tech feature about it in this months issue.

Now the fun stuff is the 660HP powerkit. 9ff developed their own VTG turbos (alongside Porsche) directly with the supplier. Of course they are larger with attendant increased variability. A set of custom cams, air collector, boost hoses, intake, exhaust, headers and the software to make it all work together round out the package. a 660HP 997TT will restore the supercar pecking order...soundly laying waste to all "competitors".

We're working to get all the info and pictures online.

Feel free to drop us a line with any questions!

Any of these options ought to put the whole

Old 07-10-2006, 01:13 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Tuning for the 997tt - already! Lol, that didn't take long!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:44 PM
drbf is on a distinguished road
Can you please post before and after dyno results.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Banned
Eric523 is on a distinguished road
I saw the article emeka.nice right up.car looks good

Old 07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
ECB
Dynos are forthcoming

We'll have access to the dynos in a couple of weeks.

9ff is moving to a larger location to keep up with the explosion in demand they have seen over the last year.

The gains are real. They had a pre-release 997TT (complete with factory camouflage) that was "loaned" to them by a un-named source...hmmm.

All the development work was done on that car.

Similarly, the Gen2 variotune was designed with the 997TT in mind - as minimal changes are required to make it work with the new car.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Please keep us posted - 660 HP is just about right for my "needs", and I'll be very interested to see the dyno curve / package pricing.

Originally Posted by ECB
We'll have access to the dynos in a couple of weeks.

9ff is moving to a larger location to keep up with the explosion in demand they have seen over the last year.

The gains are real. They had a pre-release 997TT (complete with factory camouflage) that was "loaned" to them by a un-named source...hmmm.

All the development work was done on that car.

Similarly, the Gen2 variotune was designed with the 997TT in mind - as minimal changes are required to make it work with the new car.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:01 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
6k! I might just wait for Fabspeed, remember with the 996TT systems, his made the most power.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Tha sounds promising. So i believe that 9ff are the first Tuner to offer aftermarket products for the 997TT. Or am i mistaken ?

Old 07-12-2006, 06:34 PM
ECB
did you mean the most resonance?

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
6k! I might just wait for Fabspeed, remember with the 996TT systems, his made the most power.
The 9ff variotune has NO resonance in either open or closed modes.
it also features the valve technology. In addition to this it makes 39HP at the wheels and weighs only 40lbs.

This makes the 9ff variotune the most powerful exhaust at ANY price.

All of this technology comes at a price. A significant amount of research and development went into poducing this fully engineered solution. Improving on excellence requires that high quality parts are used to replace their OEM counterparts. More power is nice, a great exhaust tone is a must, resonance and poor quality is killer. Some people can live with head-splitting resonance, others cannot accept this compromise.

9ff products are certainly exclusive and are designed for drivers who cannot accept any compromises. Not everyone gets to drive a Porsche...the rest drive chevys and hondas. We should all consider ourselves lucky that we get to drive such fine, well engineered and built cars!

And yes, 9ff is the first to have upgrades for the 997TT. I am not sure that anyone else will be able to offer VTG upgrades for a long while.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
SWEEEET!!

Any dyno sheets or new info on these upgrades?

Old 08-02-2006, 07:30 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by treynor
Please keep us posted - 660 HP is just about right for my "needs", and I'll be very interested to see the dyno curve / package pricing.
LOL I'm not sure most tuners are aware of your previous "needs" Ben... Like I was saying though, break her in first. Come listen to some exhausts first (that way you went have to do it twice or three times over) and then once the early development is out of the way you'll be set. 600 will be very easy on these. I know Garrett is at EVO all week so the tuning will get done shortly, the headers won't take much longer and the exhaust well... Oh there's the intake too

Old 08-02-2006, 07:58 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sharkster
LOL I'm not sure most tuners are aware of your previous "needs" Ben... Like I was saying though, break her in first. Come listen to some exhausts first (that way you went have to do it twice or three times over) and then once the early development is out of the way you'll be set. 600 will be very easy on these. I know Garrett is at EVO all week so the tuning will get done shortly, the headers won't take much longer and the exhaust well... Oh there's the intake too
Pshaw - my needs are modest. All I want is to still have wheelspin at the end of the 1/4 mile

Your plan sounds like a fine one. Drop me a line when you get exhausts in for a test-listen!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:24 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by treynor
Pshaw - my needs are modest. All I want is to still have wheelspin at the end of the 1/4 mile

Your plan sounds like a fine one. Drop me a line when you get exhausts in for a test-listen!
LOL no NOS on these cars ok? None of that here. The poor 3.6 alluminium block can't take it... Sounds good and I will. Might take a while for all the different suspects to come in. I expect it to be a lot like the 996TT market with Europipe, EVO/MillTek, AWE etc.. to have the first ones. I haven't seen the 9ff stuff in person in a while (just the 996TT gear) so hopefully ECB can post some pix/clips soon.