997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Xenons being stolen Left and Right

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned
vincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to behold
Xenons being stolen Left and Right

I was shocked to read that our "Xenon lights" are very popular and super easy to steal. A Porsche owner goes into the grocery store for 5 minutes, comes out and his Xenons are gone!! . He starts his car didnt know yet they were stolen and the dash blinks check headlamps ???
Gets out looks at the lights and their gone!! Unbelievable.

Really no way to protect them.
Be careful ...They were saying Florida tops the list.

The sad Kicker: He calls Porsche to find out how much to replace them and they quote like $3400. and.. some Floridian Porsche owners have had this happen to them more than once!!

Maybe this is old news....

Old 07-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Lost 2 sets in my 996's now I am seeing 997's running around with lights out , this is insane...PS I am in S Florida

Old 07-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
I will seriously start shooting if I catch this happening to me.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:00 PM
JCS
JCS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Shawn C
I will seriously start shooting if I catch this happening to me.
I agree with how you feel .
The sad thing is that you will get 20 years in jail and the piece of S#*t thief will get a free lawyer from the state .

Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCS
The sad thing is that you will get 20 years in jail and the piece of S#*t thief will get a free lawyer from the state .
Not if you kill him and he was armed and you feared for your life...

Old 07-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Voila! Always carry a clean steak knife in a ziplock bag around with you.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:02 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JCS
"dead men don't tell tales..."

Old 07-29-2006, 06:24 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by Shawn C
Voila! Always carry a clean steak knife in a ziplock bag around with you.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:38 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
should get one of those ink explosion device they use in department stores.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
bentley500 will become famous soon enoughbentley500 will become famous soon enough
997 Xenon lights for sale. PM if interested!

Old 07-30-2006, 12:57 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
That's scary Vikki! I am going to buy some pad locks this weekend!!

Old 07-30-2006, 02:18 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Not if you kill him and he was armed and you feared for your life...

I can see it now..... "Yes your honor, I feared for my life. The thief raised one of my lights in the air like he was going to throw it at me. I had to shoot him to protect myself."

I know the 996 lights were super easy to remove, but I assumed that Porsche got wind of all that and fixed that in the 997. I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 07-30-2006 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
You've got to be creative... An edged weapon (to include a screwdriver) within 21 feet is grounds to use deadly force for police officers.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Barrett is on a distinguished road
A quick look at ebay raises some suspicions regarding Porsche headlights being stolen and sold on the internet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...11987938QQrdZ1

I'm not saying this particular sale is the result of theft, but I am saying that it wouldn't surprise me that a number of the auctions on ebay are for stolen headlights. This particular sale is from Florida, by the way.

Old 07-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Dan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud of
That auctions smells like fraud. Anyways how come the headlights go out so easily ? Dont they have any kind of protection like opening the hood for removal ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Xenons being stolen Left and Right