997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protect the entire car's paint with Film all over....never wax again????

Old 02-17-2007, 12:04 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Protect the entire car's paint with Film all over....never wax again????

Check this out......

Anyone hear about this place?

PREMIER PROTECTIVE FILMS INTL
www.premiermobilegroup.com

Old 02-17-2007, 12:14 AM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
yes i went there for my custom clear bra........as well as many bay area folks around the area

they are the leading protection paint wrapping companies out here.......people even send their cars out to them from different states

Old 02-17-2007, 12:19 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Never wax again? Have you seen clear bra after a couple of years? Is this the same material as clear bra?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:43 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I just had the front end of my car wrapped by Premier. They said you still need to take care of the plastic wrap, just like the paint. which means wash and wax regularly etc. Just try not to wax over the edges!

Here are some pictures:

Old 02-17-2007, 03:34 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Every single car and front aftermarket piece I have owned has been clear bra'd and I am a fan, but I would never wrap the entire car with it because the finish will never compare to the raw high gloss finish of the paint. Also, over time, the film tends to get rougher, even after lots of care i.e. plastic polish and aerospace plastic protectant.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:58 AM
alexskee is on a distinguished road
I'm seriously thinking about doing this. Since lowering the C4S I noticed rock chips than ever.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:32 AM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
Anyone have any idea what the cost for wrapping an entire car would be?

I was also thinking this might be great to wrap carbon fiber hoods wing blades etc in. They always seem to fade and loose thier luster. Does anyone know if they film also protects against UV, to reduce the fading of Carbon Fiber Parts???

Old 02-17-2007, 11:33 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by v35
Every single car and front aftermarket piece I have owned has been clear bra'd and I am a fan, but I would never wrap the entire car with it because the finish will never compare to the raw high gloss finish of the paint. Also, over time, the film tends to get rougher, even after lots of care i.e. plastic polish and aerospace plastic protectant.
In maintaining the wrap what type of wax do you use? Car wax or plastic polish? What are you suppose to you?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:22 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Sam at Premier said you can use any regular wax you'd use to wax your car, but stay away from yellow wax. If you want to clean the plastic itself, you can wash it like normal and use a plastic cleaner like plexus as well.

Originally Posted by nberry
In maintaining the wrap what type of wax do you use? Car wax or plastic polish? What are you suppose to you?

Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 PM
doccao will become famous soon enough
Looks great! Too bad I don't keep my cars long enough to offset the cost. On the other hand, bolt-on mods can be parted out.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Does the film come off cleanly? If the entire car isn't too much money, you could get the car rewrapped every couple of years to keep it looking new. It would be cool to have a several year old car that still had brand new factory paint.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:39 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
To wrap an entire car, it would cost a couple thousand dollars, in the 3-4 thousand dollar area since it would all be custom. Regarding carbon fiber parts, i've always wrapped my carbon parts with it and it really gives the carbon a luster it never had. I even had faded carbon fiber parts, and as soon as the clear bra was applied it was like there was a new layer of clear coat over it and all scratches were hidden by the film, really awesome stuff.
Regarding waxing it, I really advice against it. The first time I had a clear bra, I always waxed it, with either Meguiar's NXT or Zaino, and over time the plastic was too saturated with wax, and discolored it over time. This time around, I maintain the plastic with plastic polish once in a while to remove any scratches, but Plexus is some really good stuff. It keeps the plastic smooth and shiny, and it leaves a wax like protectant on the clear bra. So far, the clear bra still looks as shiny and new as I first got it, plus it's still almost as glossy as the rest of my paint, and on a black car that's a really good thing, because the slightest imperfections or dullness of the plastic clear bra on a black car would be very noticeable.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:42 PM
acf
Interesting, what kind of plastic wrap do you use? Premier used ventureshield on mine.

Originally Posted by v35
To wrap an entire car, it would cost a couple thousand dollars, in the 3-4 thousand dollar area since it would all be custom. Regarding carbon fiber parts, i've always wrapped my carbon parts with it and it really gives the carbon a luster it never had. I even had faded carbon fiber parts, and as soon as the clear bra was applied it was like there was a new layer of clear coat over it and all scratches were hidden by the film, really awesome stuff.
Regarding waxing it, I really advice against it. The first time I had a clear bra, I always waxed it, with either Meguiar's NXT or Zaino, and over time the plastic was too saturated with wax, and discolored it over time. This time around, I maintain the plastic with plastic polish once in a while to remove any scratches, but Plexus is some really good stuff. It keeps the plastic smooth and shiny, and it leaves a wax like protectant on the clear bra. So far, the clear bra still looks as shiny and new as I first got it, plus it's still almost as glossy as the rest of my paint, and on a black car that's a really good thing, because the slightest imperfections or dullness of the plastic clear bra on a black car would be very noticeable.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:49 PM
drop997stop can only hope to improve
Premier

Sam and his guys at Premier are the best at what they do. I would be impossible to find one customer that was not 100% satsified with his work

Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 PM
kermit_S is on a distinguished road
Can anyone recommend a good realiable installer in the los angeles area or southbay? What's a normal price range for hood, lights and front bumper?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protect the entire car's paint with Film all over....never wax again????