964 Tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport will become famous soon enough
964 Tt

New over here, but you've probably seen my posts on the "other" popular boards.

Here's a pic of my 964 w/993TT engine sporting UMW Stage 1 and 993 6-speed LSD gearbox. Thing is crazy fast and total blast to drive. Its been lightened up a bit as well. All in all, it turned out way better than I have ever hoped.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor
Have some problem uploading pics...??? I'll figure it out when I've got a bit more time.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Duke of Lizards will become famous soon enough
Check out the sticky in the Off Topic forum, there is a "tutorial" on loading the pics.

And Welcome to 6. lets see that ride!

Wilson

Old 04-24-2007, 01:59 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6speed. Looking forward to the pics.
You may also want to try www.imageshack.us

Old 04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor
I think its just the size of the pic...I don't know if I can make it any smaller and keep the resolution...

Old 04-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
OK...keeps giving me an error at 6-Speed...so can't be the image as now they are only 36kb...so sorry guys. Unless this site is not mac friendly....which I cannot image.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:23 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I have the pics you sent me and will post them up tonight when I get home.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor
Tha'd be great...thanks. I'll send one more email that's been sitting in my out box...didn't want to overload you accnt.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Here they are. Sweet car BTW!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
Wow....thanks for posting those. Excellent!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:29 PM
No problem. Here is the build sheet:

964 TT BUILD SHEET

Engine: ’96 993TT engine purchased complete w/wiring harness, exhaust, cats ecu, etc. Complete case split and rebuild. Reason for splitting case was to upgrade to ARP rod bolts and head studs. All fresh, bearings, lifters, rings. Everything checked. Every hose (including v.expensive turbo tubes) replaced.

Gearbox: Two wheel drive 993 6-speed with 60/40 LSD opened, inspected and freshened. Also installed Turbo half-shafts w/new bolts.

Sachs Light Weight Flywheel : With a new TO bearing, clutch, etc.

Turbo and induction Upgrade: Installed Ultimate Motorwerks Stage 1. (http://www.ultimatemotorwerks.com/) hybrid 16/24 turbos, matching ECU (’96 w/twin Intel processors) and 100 cell CATS as well as custom plenum ramp. Just rolled up after running car for 20 minutes and passed bi-annual smog check yesterday here in SoCal. Controller with 3 boost programs .8bar, 1bar and 1.2bar. Engine has always been run w/100 octane fuel mixed with regular pump gas, but can run pump gas on 1 bar setting w/no problems. NOTE: on highway from LA to San Diego car got 27mpg (has on board computer)

External Oil Cooler: Turbo S oil cooler installed in highflow area of front opening. Installed brake ducts to increase air flow to A/C condenser and OE oil cooler.

Exhaust: Custom built exhaust tips straight out from CATS.

Drive Block Computer: This is the 993 security computer with fob activated door lock/securiity release. This is a very nice feature as it keeps people from stealing the car unless they want to tow it away! Also keeps most people from even driving your car as they can't figure out how to start it....Another $2k for the computer and I had it included in the install. Basically this is key as it makes everything work stock.

Suspension: Upgraded w/993 Evo uprights to get rid of bump steer and make it safe to run 18's. Installed 22mm rear sway bar. Bilstein HD dampers with Eibach progressive springs. Ruf front strut bar. Car has been aligned and corner balanced by Steve Alacron.

Drive train: Turbo CVs and 1/2 shalfs.....Also turbo engine mounts.

Brakes: Ruf 965 Turbo brakes. New front rotors (needed w/993 Evo uprights) Front bumper brake ducts.

Wheels/Tires: Ruf 8.5x18s and 10x18s. Dunlop Sport Race tires. Installed new during rebuild.

Rear deck lid: Custom made tail built so that the intercooler will seal as designed by factory...if the intercooler doesn't seal...then it's not working efficiently enough and you are loosing power. It is a highly modified (built from scratch) duck tail as I'm not big on tails.

Front Hood: Carbon fiber from Getty Designs.

Lightweight Interior: Replaced heavy lower dash with earlier dash pad. Removed stock carpet and rear seats and sound padding. Installed RS felt carpet. Door panels are RS style w/map pockets in both doors as there is no glovebox. Currently has OE 964 Speedster seat for driver. Car will come with either this seat or RSA cloth seats or Recaro leather Pole Position.

Installation: Only a few people in US who can do this job correctly. The gentlemen who did my build is a computer geek and ex-aircraft mechanic...incredibly meticulous, super clean, etc. After seeing his work, if I was not able to retain him, I was not going to do the job.

Additional Information: Everything on this car works. Heater, wipers, lights A/C blows ice cold, etc. Car has been over its lifetime well cared for and there are stacks of documents. This car has never been in an accident and is as nice underneath as it is on top.

Car has less than 2,000 miles on it since new engine/gearbox swap.

TIME: Project took 2 years to complete.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Very nice... The build sheet is very impressive.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:37 AM
910clubs is on a distinguished road
nice specs on the car, car is beautiful too

Old 04-26-2007, 06:09 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
That is hotttt!

Welcome to the 6!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
Very hot nice ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 964 Tt