997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is Iforged Still In Business?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:52 AM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Is Iforged Still In Business?????

I have tried calling for two days and 15 calls... Not one person has picked up. If there is someone that works there please pm me.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jreeves197
I have tried calling for two days and 15 calls... Not one person has picked up. If there is someone that works there please pm me.
You have to be patient with Iforged...numerous complaints from guys on the M3 boards.

Dave

Old 08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Blue_Monster is on a distinguished road
you mean Iforgerie??
How dare you put knockoffs on a Porsche

Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
i have a LOT of wheels.
and if a manufacturer cannot respond to you after 15 calls, do not buy from them.

these are lwt wheels, they WILL bend. anyone telling you 3pcs high qty wheels will not bend is lying. and when you bend them, how long do you plan to wait to get them fixed? if it takes 15+ call to BUY them, it will take you 150+ calls to fix them when you ding them up.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mooty
i have a LOT of wheels.
and if a manufacturer cannot respond to you after 15 calls, do not buy from them.

these are lwt wheels, they WILL bend. anyone telling you 3pcs high qty wheels will not bend is lying. and when you bend them, how long do you plan to wait to get them fixed? if it takes 15+ call to BUY them, it will take you 150+ calls to fix them when you ding them up.
I have already bought them. I'm just having a problem balancing them. I hope the problem came from no alignment when i put them on. Has anyone else had a problem with balancing their rims??

Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Have you had them roadforce balanced? Check out www.gsp9700.com to find a local guy who has one of the units. The wheels need to be checked for runout (wobble) as well. The unit can do that.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Have you had them roadforce balanced? Check out www.gsp9700.com to find a local guy who has one of the units. The wheels need to be checked for runout (wobble) as well. The unit can do that.
My local dealer roadforce balanced them but 2 weeks later they were terrible.. Its very frustrating.. when they first do the balance its ok but I always feel a pulsating vibration. I thought it was from changing the stock wheels and putting the tires on the aftermarket wheels without an alignment. When the aftermarkets were originally put on the tire shop did not roadforce them, it was only later. I have 6k miles on them and when they balanced them last week the rears were off 37 lbs on one side and 51lbs on the other, absolutly horrible ride.. I hope it isnt the wheels, I'm putting new tires on it tomorrow. The dealer says the tires are bad. the machine measured them and all the rims show marginal, which the dealer said is normal on aftermarkets but it also said the tires were out completely.

Last edited by jreeves197; 08-28-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
As you all probably know I have been looking all over the internet for track wheels and tires trying to decide on what I want. iForged never ever answers there phone...I tired a few times latley and have gave up on them. I'd be real leary of buying anything from them as that is super bad business in my book. Best of luck!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
complaints with iforged can commonly be found everywhere on the internet forums. i would stay away.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
good quality 3pc wheels shouldn't be "marginal" per GSP9700....but a lot of the lower to medium quality companies are. Most common cause is that there is too much slack at the rim register between the centerdisk and either the outer, inner, or both. Either that or the centerbore was cut wrong (should be 71.67) which I have seen on a few non-quality brand sets.

Or it could be that one of the rim parts (outer or inner) is just out of round....

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
lsbe36 is on a distinguished road
Contact your dealer, the people who sold you the wheels in the first place. iForged is a manufacture that tends not to deal with retail customers. You must first go make their dealer who sold you the wheels aware of the problem, only then will they contact you....

I've been there so i'm speaking from experience.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by lee2375
good quality 3pc wheels shouldn't be "marginal" per GSP9700....but a lot of the lower to medium quality companies are. Most common cause is that there is too much slack at the rim register between the centerdisk and either the outer, inner, or both. Either that or the centerbore was cut wrong (should be 71.67) which I have seen on a few non-quality brand sets.

Or it could be that one of the rim parts (outer or inner) is just out of round....
You've got to be kidding me. I taped the last wheel balancing and the centers were not perfectly round where they meet the rim. The rim seems to be round but there is a slight variation between the center and rim at one spot on each wheel.. this is a nightmare. 4800.00 for wheels and nobody answers the damn phone!

Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jreeves197
this is a nightmare. 4800.00 for wheels and nobody answers the damn phone!
Hope you paid with credit card. Mail them back and dispute the charges. That will get their attention.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 AM
dmoney will become famous soon enough
Ifogetaboudit...

Old 08-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I finally got in touch with Vince and we are trying to figure out the problem. I'll keep you posted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is Iforged Still In Business?????