6Speed Mobile App Crashing After Latest Forum Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
6Speed Mobile App Crashing After Latest Forum Update

Hi guys.
I don't know if I'm in the minority or if this issue is isolated to just me, but after last week's forum update the mobile app for iOS has been crashing like crazy and will not allow me to log-in.

When attempting to log-in either nothing happens or a pop-up window reads: "There is a communication problem between your device and 6Speed."

I've deleted the app, redownloaded a fresh copy, reset my device - nothing. Same result.

Also, when trying to view pictures that someone has posted with the app, instead of seeing the photos you see a line of code. Click on the code and it ports you over to a sub-browser where you can see the photos, but they are HUGE and do not resize.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:38 AM
jimmy4ever is on a distinguished road
Mine crashes too
Can someone fix this bug?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
the techs are working on it

Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Noted. Thx.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:24 PM
IB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud ofIB Nolan has much to be proud of
We apologize for the wait but the developer for the vbulletin mobile application is sorting through what is going on and should have a fix soon. I wanted to make sure you guys had an update to know we are still working on a solution.

Nolan @ IB

Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 PM
No problem.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 AM
HassaanAbdeen will become famous soon enough
I tried searching for your App for iPhone/iPad but couldn't find it in the App Store. Can you provide a link to download it?

Thanks in advance

Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Any update on this, Chuck?

Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 AM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
can't use app it keeps crashing, happens on iPhone & iPad any suggests ?

Old 06-09-2012, 10:52 AM
HassaanAbdeen will become famous soon enough
It seems moderators have no interest to address any of our questions... what an amazing support!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
maybe there is no problem or they are not aware of it HAHA

Old 06-10-2012, 03:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HassaanAbdeen
It seems moderators have no interest to address any of our questions... what an amazing support!

When there is something to report, we will. There have been no new updates. For the time being, the app is not functioning.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:10 PM
nice leg you got hahahaha

Old 06-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by bbywu

When there is something to report, we will. There have been no new updates. For the time being, the app is not functioning.
BBYWU -
Not to come off like an advert, but may I suggest a program called Forum Runner.
http://www.forumrunner.net/

It was developed by a gentleman I know and functions flawlessly. It's free for forum owners to install and supports iOS, and Android. Allows for mobile moderation by Admins and Mods. And much like the existing app, they offer full suite branding and support for App Store and Android Market
http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=branding

I don't know what scripting you use, but FR uses HTTP POST and JSON for return. The API is not documented but it's a fairly intuitive to integrate and modify.

And the UI is much cleaner and more intuitive than Tapatalk or the existing app. Especially in the way it handles embedded pictures and video, which is somewhat clunky and awkward with the existing app you have.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
^

I'll pass this along to IB. They seem to be stuck on getting the current app to work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6Speed Mobile App Crashing After Latest Forum Update