Anyone try Vision Motorsports in Laguna for service? Any others around Irvine/Tustin?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:28 PM
shuffles will become famous soon enough
Arrow Anyone try Vision Motorsports in Laguna for service? Any others around Irvine/Tustin?

They have no reviews anywhere, but seem to say the right stuff on their website. Anyone been there? I'm simply looking for an oil change, but am hoping to find a long-term place when (if?) I ever want to do aftermarket stuff. I don't want to go to Newport Porsche for service, however it's an '09 and it's my first oil change so I am a little nervous!

If not, please feel free to suggest a quality place around the Irvine area. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 AM
xoutofstepx is on a distinguished road
Why aren't you taking it to Newport Porsche? I understand not using them for aftermarket work, but an oil change should be fine.

You can always go to GMG in Santa Ana.

http://www.gmgracing.com/home.shtml

Old 10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
shuffles will become famous soon enough
Its just overpriced at any dealership, and that happens to be the one closest to me. I actually like their service dept tho, nice guys there, just won't be beneficial for me to create a long-term relationship with them when I get into modding and stuff.

When I was an //M guy, I found a nice shop in Costa Mesa that did an awesome job, and I could really go there and ask them anything and would always get something extra out of services, like maybe they found something else minor and corrected that while they were at it for no charge. And, they were cheaper than dealerships of course, so it just makes more sense to me.

Anyhow, thanks for the GMG suggestion I will check them out.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
I went to Vision last week.

Duane and Nick are very good and knowledgeable.

I went to they from San Diego as they were the only shop with a PWIZ machine to reset my computer.

They have some amazing cars being built and the quality of the owrk and shop were very impressive.

And I have been to ALL the shops.

I highly reccomened them in the OC area.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:16 AM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Vision does great work! Duane did a lot of work on my car and currently works on my neighbors 996tt and boxster. Highly recommend.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 PM
jabed92694 will become famous soon enough
Try Hergeshiemer Motorsports in Lake Forest. I use them all the time and they are great with reasonable prices. Porsche certified techs and OEM parts for much less than the dealer. They also do tuning, aftermarket and all regular maintenance services. Ask for Laura, Eric or Mark.

Jon

Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 AM
pempem is on a distinguished road
You know GMG Racing of course. They are world famous and in the area...And they are one of the sponsors here.

http://www.gmgracing.com/home.shtml

Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
stephen k is on a distinguished road
Dwayne is a great guy. I been there twice and have been very satisfied both times.

Hersheimer had great service too. Can't go wrong with either.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
In your area, I'd definitely go to Stuttgart Performance/RSS in Costa Mesa. Hands down the most knowledgeable crew in the area, and a world class facility to match! Tell 'em Tom from RS1 sent ya.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:17 PM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Vision did my TPC SC install. Duane and Nick were incredible. I highly recommend them. Duane also races (POC) and other stuff, so he is the real deal.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 AM
WildBill is on a distinguished road
Vision installed Bilstein coilovers on my previous 997TT and did a fantastic job. I would not hesitate to return when I have a need.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 AM
OCTurbo is on a distinguished road
i've been to vision once before and they do very good work and are friendly. i rountinely take my car to hergesheimer in lake forest. you can't go wrong with either place.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Duane at Vision has been around longer than most other shops mentioned.
Can always find a handful of their cars at the racetrack constantly.

Can't go wrong with Vision.

****Notice that they have never posted on here, yet they never have the need to become a vendor....they don't need to. I tend to prefer these shops, as you won't find the drama associated with message forums.****

Old 12-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Dunit will become famous soon enoughDunit will become famous soon enough
Have to agree with RS1. Stuttgart Performance/RSS in Costa Mesa would be my vote. Ask for Mike or Brian. They are on top of their game... Herg has also done great work for me. Great people.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
JeffO168 is on a distinguished road
Do Not Use Vision Motorsports

No way will I ever set foot in that shop again. Duane, hey man your car is all ready, then you get there and the job is not complete. Or better yet, I have it on order and then calls you a couple of days later, hey man I am not sure which type of clip you need for your windscreen, really!!!!!! But it was on order right Duane???

If you use Chris in their paint shop, just save yourself the stress and put a bullet in your head immediately. I had my car back five times for fish eyes, swirl scratches and better yet, scratches they put on your car while it’s there to be fixed. Guess what, it still looks like crap so now I am in search of a good shop to fix Vision's mistakes. Go to a dealership, pay the extra money and save yourself a lot of grieve. Use me as the example of what not to do.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone try Vision Motorsports in Laguna for service? Any others around Irvine/Tustin?