Cars & Coffee meet in NOLA..

Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
KiLLER S2K is on a distinguished road
Cars & Coffee meet in NOLA..

The official date and time has been decided and a location had been selected as well..

Date: June 5th
Time: 9:00 am
Place: Chateau cafe, 139 Robert E Lee blvd, New Orleans LA,

Please spread the word if you are on any exotic or exclusive car forums that are specific to your vehicle type.. As the goal of this gathering is to attract as diverse of a group as possible from classics to exotics and everything inbetween.. And to gain a respect for every car culture that this city has to offer.. And enjoying the fellowship between car owners with very different taste but yet have the same love for cars..

So please everyone that plans to come behave in a respectable manner!!

Last edited by KiLLER S2K; 05-07-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:42 PM
after consulting some of my friends..

we have decided that we would like to shoot for the date of june 5th 2011..

i'll have the address of the place pretty soon

Old 05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Updated first post!!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Voodoo08 is on a distinguished road
Ill be there!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:37 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Great idea. ill be there!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 AM
quiksilver55 is on a distinguished road
Right by my house, so I'll definitely be there. How about we make this a regular meet? Catfish and cars one weekend, and cars and coffee the next?

Just sayin'

Old 05-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by quiksilver55
Right by my house, so I'll definitely be there. How about we make this a regular meet? Catfish and cars one weekend, and cars and coffee the next?

Just sayin'
I think thats kind of the plan, seeing all these other cities having successful meets every week/month, just trying to get new orleans on the same page. Try and make it a true car enthusiast city instead of keeping it seperate like it is now, with the auto-xers, DE/track guys, and the drag racers. Just to have an event where we have a huge mix of cars for everyone to admire and have conversation about.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Roger that..

i admire and appreciate all cars, as im sure most of you guys do.. and im always open to hang with other enthusiast and fellowship amongst them..

Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Question; what is your local car "demographic" that it requires you make a request of this manner?

"everyone that plans to come behave in a respectable manner"

-Troy

Old 05-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Question; what is your local car "demographic" that it requires you make a request of this manner?

-Troy
just posted that as a cautionary for all the "i want to be cool guys out there" on every forum that i've extended the invite to..

nothing major was meant by it.. but there's always someone who has to go overboard..

Old 05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !

-Troy

I have to admit that I wondered the EXACT same thing when I read that. I had mental pictures of kids doing upside down kegstands on top of lowrider vans while doing donuts around an elderly lady pushing her grocery basket.

I guess I have a vivid imagination.

We used to have good showings at our NOLA meets at Hooters.. Lamborghini, Porsche, Lotus, BMW, AMGs, ect.. The problem I had was that it took 20 minutes to get out of the confines of town to take a good drive after we met up.

S2K Just curious- what types of forums are you advertising this on?

Old 05-08-2011, 07:08 PM
all types..

corvette
s2000
supra
300zx

will be posting on any local
ferrari
lamborghini
mercedes
etc forums when i have the flyers made.. (tomorrow hopefully)

it'll be more convenient than typing out a post on every forum..

just trying to unite the cultures and break the monotony

Last edited by KiLLER S2K; 05-08-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 PM

-Troy
Pretty much what I said in my post above. I for one have a background in road racing (CGB formula mazda), I admire the cars that are setup for the road course, such as your GT3RS (love it). But there are plenty of cars that do not go to these events that I would love to see in person or talk to the owners about. Cars such a lambos, ferraris, astons etc.... that like parking lot "pimping" as opposed to using these high performance cars the way they were meant to be used.

As for the behave yourself instance that will not be an issue with the groups of cars we have extended the invite to. This is not an import face off etc. While all cars are welcome anybody who drives by acting like an idiot or decides they want to act like an idiot will be kindly asked to leave.

I personally will be contacting the businesses tomorrow to let them know our plan and assure them that we will be respectful of their property.

So if your worried about the crowd that will be there, dont be, come grab a cup of joe and enjoy yourself.

P.S. I really want to drool over your porsche and talk about it.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, we have a pretty huge group of random, unique, and higher end cars that come to the local events, send me PM or an email and ill send you to the local forum hangouts for the high end sportscars.

It'd be nice to have an automatic meet like this instead of having to plan something every couple months.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Yeah, we have a pretty huge group of random, unique, and higher end cars that come to the local events, send me PM or an email and ill send you to the local forum hangouts for the high end sportscars.

It'd be nice to have an automatic meet like this instead of having to plan something every couple months.
Thats really what we are trying to do. We know that there are seperate meets for bikes, exotics, auto-x, drag cars, etc.... we are trying to consolidate the car scene in and around the area to make it one. If you look at all the C&C videos there are huge gatherings of random cars. From well done imports to rare exotics and prototypes. With a once a dedicated spot to hang out and chat it makes it more organized and easier than, like you said, having to organize random meets every month.

Dont get me wrong this is not to take away from the "my car group" meets that everyone likes to have with the guys/girls who love the same machine they drive.

Just to get to know all the car enthusiast in the city.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee meet in NOLA..