PK Lake Cruise Saturday August 15

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bara
updated with meet point info. same as last time, at Rosas Cafe.
Some of us were wondering last time why we didn't just pick a spot off the highway right before the on-ramp ... as opposed to 2 miles inside town at ridiculously long red lights?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
Some of us were wondering last time why we didn't just pick a spot off the highway right before the on-ramp ... as opposed to 2 miles inside town at ridiculously long red lights?
i chose the spot because we were going to be hanging out for 1/2 hour or more and Rosas agreed to let us use their parking lot, restrooms, and serve drinks. with some people driving to the meet point as far away as OK, i thought it would be good to at leat have some restrooms available.

i dont have a problem moving the meet point to a more convenient location next to the freeway but we're going to give up the use of facilities.

so lets take a vote, where sould we meet, by the freeway or rosas?

Last edited by Bara; 07-28-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Andi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bara
i chose the spot because we were going to be hanging out for 1/2 hour or more and Rosas agreed to let us use their parking lot, restrooms, and serve drinks. with some people driving to the meet point as far away as OK, i thought it would be good to at leat have some restrooms available.

i dont have a problem moving the meet point to a more convenient location next to the freeway but we're going to give up the use of facilities.

so lets take a vote, where sould we meet, by the freeway or rosas?
We're too close to the date and it's already been posted, I'd leave it as is. If you move it you'll end up losing people as some will inevitably show up at the old location. Unless we somehow figure out a way to make it a decoy location just for those we want to lose...

Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Greyson is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Andi
We're too close to the date and it's already been posted, I'd leave it as is. If you move it you'll end up losing people as some will inevitably show up at the old location. Unless we somehow figure out a way to make it a decoy location just for those we want to lose...

Just cut to the chase and say it! You want to lose the mazda people (excluding miata people). You've never held back on any forums before so why hold back now? If you need a can of keyboard confidence, it's next to the beer in the garage. I think I'm skipping this meet. I have a feeling of something bad happening, like a mazdaspeed luminated door sil plate hitting me in the back of my head.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
DevJ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Greyson
I think I'm skipping this meet. I have a feeling of something bad happening, like a mazdaspeed luminated door sil plate hitting me in the back of my head.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
BlakeR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Greyson
Just cut to the chase and say it! You want to lose the mazda people (excluding miata people). You've never held back on any forums before so why hold back now? If you need a can of keyboard confidence, it's next to the beer in the garage. I think I'm skipping this meet. I have a feeling of something bad happening, like a mazdaspeed luminated door sil plate hitting me in the back of my head.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:53 AM
96BeaSSt is on a distinguished road
I sold my Z06 for the uber performance of... At least it's not a Mazda. See y'all there, maybe...

Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
May I just drive with you....

Old 07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Andi
sounds good. lets keep the same meet spot. i am pretty sure the construction is over in that section of the road by now and its no mre than a mile from the freeway.

adam, hows your car doing? if it runs fine, you should bring it

Old 07-29-2009, 11:51 PM
dangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to behold
I'll come to this.. looking forward to meeting everyone.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by Autoscope
May I just drive with you....
NO NO NO NO ... Brake brake brake ... I have a passenger but if he cancels you're in.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:38 PM
BlakeR is on a distinguished road
NO NO NO NO ... Brake brake brake ... I have a passenger but if he cancels you're in.
This

Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
all the mid engine cars i have driven had a very solid glued feel to the road no matter what you threw at it. the AWD LP is probably very confidence inspiring at speed.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
96BeaSSt is on a distinguished road
I personally would love to grab either one of these for a cruise...

Anyone know of a way to rent one of these for a weekend?

Last edited by 96BeaSSt; 07-31-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Alexcwt is on a distinguished road
I'm in. Only 325 stock hp. I'll try to keep up.

Alex

Last edited by Alexcwt; 07-30-2009 at 10:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PK Lake Cruise Saturday August 15