Potential move to DFW area and have questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 05:58 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Potential move to DFW area and have questions.

Figured I would ask in this community. Early burn yet but I may be getting relocated to DFW/Irving area.

What cities should I start to look at with these qualifications?
  1. Must have great high schools, academically not necessarily athletically.
  2. Need to be able to have RV parking

After those must haves then these would be the other things.
  1. Max about 30 minute drive to Irving (NE side). Univ. of Dallas area
  2. Good Porsche community
  3. Love C&C and those are early so would like to be close by
  4. Would like to not be on top of my neighbors so maybe a little land. 1/2 acre maybe.(don't laugh that's a lot for Socal)
  5. DO NOT want a old fixer/upper. No time for that so something in a newer area.

Any thoughts would be great.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
I lived in Irving for a little bit, I would describe Irving as being divided into 3 sections, south Irving (the gheto) middle part of Irving is Las Colinas (office buildings, the 4 seasons resort, lots of apartments some houses, the Dart train runs right through the middle, North Irving is Valley Ranch very suburban most of the houses on small lots. The thing about Irving is most everything in north and central Irving is relatively new development, which might seem odd being so close to Dallas proper, but thats because a lot of that land was swamp/marsh land prior to development, so foundation issues are very common. I dont know that I would recommend living in Irving, its easy enough to commute to with all the highways and commuter trains, further out the in the burbs like South lake, Grapevine and Coppel or anything north of 183, your other option is Dallas but that would be a whole other topic.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:23 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cannonball996
I lived in Irving for a little bit, I would describe Irving as being divided into 3 sections, south Irving (the gheto) middle part of Irving is Las Colinas (office buildings, the 4 seasons resort, lots of apartments some houses, the Dart train runs right through the middle, North Irving is Valley Ranch very suburban most of the houses on small lots. The thing about Irving is most everything in north and central Irving is relatively new development, which might seem odd being so close to Dallas proper, but thats because a lot of that land was swamp/marsh land prior to development, so foundation issues are very common. I dont know that I would recommend living in Irving, its easy enough to commute to with all the highways and commuter trains, further out the in the burbs like South lake, Grapevine and Coppel or anything north of 183, your other option is Dallas but that would be a whole other topic.
Thanks.

Since this thread was quiet I did start doing some research and it appears many have said Southlake and Coppel. Great schools I have been told. Nice areas. Land may be tough but you can get affordable nice homes.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:30 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
Thanks.

Since this thread was quiet I did start doing some research and it appears many have said Southlake and Coppel. Great schools I have been told. Nice areas. Land may be tough but you can get affordable nice homes.

Southlake, Coppell and Colleyville are all very nice areas and about 5-10 miles from Irving. You really don't want to live in Irving and you will need to account for private schools. I grew up in Southlake, so I may be biased. Of the three mentioned, I would choose, Southlake - Colleyville - Coppell. Shoot me a PM if you have some specifics you'd like to know and I'd be glad to help.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:46 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Goin2drt I just saw this thread but White Rock makes some suggestions. I live at Mockingbird and tollway and the Park Cities don't offer the land you are looking for but the schools are the best in Dallas. It also is close to downtown. Other than Southlake, Coppell you can go North like Frisco or Prosper/Celina(plenty of land but in the sticks). The one thing also to keep in mind with the RV many of the preplanned neighborhoods HOA may not allow it.

I also agree you do not want to live in Irving, there are better places to look at. I''ll leave it at that.

Let me know if you make the move and want to meet up for C&C.
Feel free to PM me as well.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 03-30-2016 at 07:52 AM.