Tech / How To

?!@&$...grrrr...help

Old 03-29-2015, 12:46 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
?!@&$...grrrr...help

GMG WC roll bar install attempt on 997.2 Turbo:

Anybody know if it helps to trim the plastic form (under the carpet) just aft of the front mount hole (front seat belt floor mount) to allow the bar placement? I saw a YouTube video where a guy did just that on a 997.1 GT3 but don't want to unless absolutely necessary.

After working the puzzle for an hour, I just can't see how it goes in otherwise. Let me know.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
The carpet side panels need to be cut or crushed for the bar to fit...some cargo straps will help get the bar in the car and in place...some have had to remove rear view mirror....I did not...this thread will help...please read the entire thread and good luck as it's not easy...for those with a GT3 be very careful with the top of the bar as you can easily dent the roof since there is no sound proofing between the roof and headliner

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tion-tips.html

Old 03-29-2015, 10:12 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
dremel time

Ok, thanks for the help Chuck..time to find my dremel

Old 04-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
What I did was remove the 4 bushings. Then cut threaded rod to fit. Install the threaded rod without the bushings and then slide the greased bushings onto the rod and using a deep well socket tap them into place. Once they are all in some lock washers and nylocks finish it off. To remove double nut them remove the threaded rod and take the bar out.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Thanks -- that sounds like a great way to avoid the threading concerns and also shorten time for lining up!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.