6SpeedOnline.com needs your help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Looks like a lot of fun and a road that needs respect. Reminds me of racing motorcycles up and down Palomar Mountain. Clearing my schedule to drive as we speak and when I can get up there for some practice pre-runs.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I retract all votes for anyone without a racing license AND some competition experience. That includes you Enrique, show me some creds. I'd rather you keep it on the track. You're an aggressive driver (like me) and very competitive (also like me), I say leave it alone. Just me being conservative.

I vote for the new guy or anyone who has hill climb or extensive racing experience.
+1
i agree with you Dez.

I have my Professional racing license, and have tons of extensive experience in karting championships in cali, i have raced among some great famous drivers.

The hill climb to me is a passion. I'm only 23 years old, but i have been doing hill climbs since i was 13 years old. Yes, 13. Thats where i drive all the time 9/10 times and where i learned to drive along with karting. Since i was young i use go sneak a car up around 1am and practice. Thats my area of experty. I will feel right at home. Even if i dont get selected. I still plan on going myself to see how i stack up with some of the people. I get bored at the track, believe it or not. I wish i could post some videos of me doing 'hill climbs' but i rather not get flamed on. When i drove the ring, thats one thing i loved about it. IT feels like a mtn road although its not .
Here's a video of me at the ring with a 45hp diesel powered car, my 2nd lap ever at the ring but not doing to shappy id say.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...83855737&hl=en#

Hill climbs usually are for whomever really feels comfortable pushing at the limit without any run off areas, and who learns the best line the quickess. And like i said, i feel right at home in them

Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 AM
R T
R T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to behold
Boxstergirlie01 ..... quickly!!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 01:17 AM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Boxstergirlie01 gets my vote.
ps. heavychevy really needs to get laid..

Last edited by EM5PWR; 04-29-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Boxstergirlie gets my vote too.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Boxstergirlie gets my vote. You rock Jody!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
prohydro will become famous soon enough
Voting +1 for Boxstergirlie01

Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Boxster Girlie cannot take her boxster though if I read the rules correctly....... She needs to take the C2 (in her sig)

5. During the competition, passengers will not be allowed in any open top or convertible vehicle under any circumstances.

And if you read the intro it's pretty hardcore stuff, I'm not sure I'd send anyone who isn't a seasoned racer to this. Either they'll be scared to death or might toss themselves off of a mountain. Think long and hard about this. I think road/track/racing credentials are more important than popularity for this type of thing.

Read carefully:

RISK:
This competition is not on a racetrack. There are no prissy run off areas , gravel traps, or tire walls; no sissy hay bales or an ambulance that’s seconds away. WHT!!!! There are no berms, catch fences or smooth concrete barriers. None. And you don’t get practice laps either.

The “track” is a real two-lane mountain road that is crowned in some places, sloped in others, with yellow stripes down the middle. There is loose gravel on the shoulders, sometimes on the roadway but only after a blind corner, and lots and lots of thick steel snow marker poles that are best left alone. Should you lose control of your car, there’s a 50/50 shot of contacting rock formations or thin air.
Because there are few guardrails, the drop offs on some of the turns are steep. How steep? Well, if you go off on turn 7 for example you’ll probably have enough time in the air to make out your last will and testament before you hit something for the first time.

There’s your risk.

Like I said, this is serious business, this is not a car show!!!!
As a Nurburgring veteran, I'd say this hill is a pleasant Touring road with no rain, no night driving, no sunrise right in your eyes at 130mph. Sure, a fast touring rdie, but still only 1/3 of the length of a Nurburgring lap, similar style average speed (100mph+), no jumps, runoff actually looks nicer than most of the Nordschleife. lol

However I agree heere with heavycheavy that if you aren't 100% sure of what you're up against it may end in serious tragedy. Commiting at 100mph average and above is FAST and not even possible if you're used to 80mph average lowspeed roadcourses
(usually by international standards, if you're not hitting a max rev 4th gear turn or a high rev 5th gear turn, it's a low or at least only medium speed track).

Last edited by MrWhite; 04-29-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 AM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Boxstergirlie may not have the fastest car, or be the fastest driver, but she gives back WAY more to the car community than she takes from it, has unrelentless enthusiasm for racing and life, and would represent this forum and the spirit it represents better than anyone else I could possibly imagine. She could be entering a Trabant with a head gasket leak and she would still earn my unreserved recommendation and vote.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I think we need to clarify what exactly we are looking to accomplish at the event. The OP mentions making a strong showing for the board. Does that mean finishing in the top five or ten? Watching that video, there are some serious cars there with the winner/record holder running a modified Ferrari F40. Do we expect anyone on the board to bring a seriously prepped car to compete at that level?

Or are we looking for someone to represent the forum in the say that Jodi does? If so, then I echo Paul's (Britblaster's) comments above. I will add that I've ridden with Jodi on a mountain run before and she can hold her own.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:28 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
F1crazydriver has my vote, but I hope we can send two drivers.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:48 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
+1 Boxstergirlie

Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Mobert is on a distinguished road
+1 for Boxstergirlie01

If there is any scoring based on enthusiasm and/or personality, she's got a huge advantage! Go Pink!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 PM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
+1 for Boxstergirlie01

Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Boxstergirlie gets my vote!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6SpeedOnline.com needs your help!