Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 07-17-2003, 08:07 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing wrong with these times at all. A 11.4 is BIG and on the street will rule. A 1.60 in the 60 is ONE HELL OF A LAUNCH. Nothing to apologize or feel ashamed about. The 10s are right around the corner. A nice cool fall evening and he is there. That is with another 60 footer like that. It is all about the chassis and about what is drivable and what isn't. 11s still show this is a very streetable car. I have owned 10 second turbo Porsches and they are a bear on the street. In fact the guy I sold my last TT to has it up for sale. Total mileage put on it....1500 in three years. It is all about the package and as I said before, on the street that is king.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Autobahn,

We are going to make one more run when the bulb has been removed and the intake "Y" has been jacketed for the liquid CO2. This will regain the lost 5% flow and bring the HP back to about 620 rwhp. We are also going to add one other item. On the dyno curve we experienced a little dip at about 4800 rpm's. It rebounds and continues strong thru 7300. We believe this is vario cam related.

We don't intend to increase past maximum hp attained, however we do intend to eliminate the dip and replace it with a constant upward curve through redline. This will require an infinitely adjustable system starting at approx. 4800 rpm's and feathering out at approx. 6700 rpm's. The system will consist of adding a one to fifty shot of NOS as required to maintain the power curve.
You might want to try Sacramento on Test and Tune or Grugde night. That way the temps will be closer to 70 or so. Plus they are a little less strict up there

Old 07-18-2003, 02:18 AM
YSITSMN is on a distinguished road
YOu guys need Flagstaff temps in Caly It was 48 lastnight. Nice and cool. Have any of you thought about running the nitrus halo kit for the intercoolers to lower the temps???

Old 07-18-2003, 02:45 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by YSITSMN
YOu guys need Flagstaff temps in Caly It was 48 lastnight. Nice and cool. Have any of you thought about running the nitrus halo kit for the intercoolers to lower the temps???
CJV already has a nifty C02 sprayer on his custon ICs.... 48 would be great!

Old 08-23-2003, 08:43 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Todd,

For over two years I had posted on Rennlist everything I did to my car. About two weeks ago I removed this information. Most of the information I will still provide to anyone for the asking. Some of the latest items I have not recently released due to our up coming little contest. I can tell you the 614 rwhp numbers were posted for sometime. We arrived at those numbers almost six months ago. The recent numbers have not been posted and might not be until our cars meet at the dyno, track and strip in the next couple of months. I understand, rumor has it, your Stage V dyno run developed 595 or 598 rwhp. Congraduations.

Regarding the CO2, it is a lot more involved than cooling the outside of the intercoolers. Part of the system has nothing to do with the intercoolers at all. It took us awhile to figure this out , the first tests with the CO2, lost about fifty hp. I can tell you the difference between 614 rwhp and 614+ rwhp with the CO2 is four+ tenths of a second in the quarter mile. I would hardly call this insignificant. With the N20 I expect to see another second disappear. I will know this very soon.

Actually, I really would not mind sharing with you. You do have one thing I would like in return. In your Stage V you advertise larger injectors. I would trade you selling me these larger injectors at your cost for my information on the CO2 design.

Old 08-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Re: cjv/ s car go

Originally posted by cjv
Todd,

I can tell you the 614 rwhp numbers were posted for sometime. We arrived at those numbers almost six months ago. The recent numbers have not been posted and might not be until our cars meet at the dyno, track and strip in the next couple of months. I understand, rumor has it, your Stage V dyno run developed 595 or 598 rwhp. Congraduations.

Regarding the CO2, it is a lot more involved than cooling the outside of the intercoolers. Part of the system has nothing to do with the intercoolers at all. It took us awhile to figure this out , the first tests with the CO2, lost about fifty hp. I can tell you the difference between 614 rwhp and 614+ rwhp with the CO2 is four+ tenths of a second in the quarter mile. I would hardly call this insignificant. With the N20 I expect to see another second disappear. I will know this very soon.

Chad,

Thank you. I unfortunately have never seen the graph for the 614 dyno. I remember the #'s that were posted but never a graph. I do not doubt you but just curious what the graph looked like.

I have experimented with CO2 and NOS to cool the outside of the IC's only and found there was only a few HP. I am glad to hear your method is working much better. I am not sure I want to go down the road of an elaborate CO2 / NOS system because unlike you, I am building products for a wider audience. I am sure it works well, however most of the guys that we sell upgrades for would not go for it.

Any latest 1/4 mile times?

Take care

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-23-2003, 09:19 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I never posted the graph. Just the RWHP, RWT and the AFR numbers at 100 rpm increaments. It would be pretty easy to make a graph from this information. This is more accurate information than you can obtain from any graph.

As for quarter mile times, we will have to keep it as a surprise until our car's meet.

Old 08-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
I never posted the graph. Just the RWHP, RWT and the AFR numbers at 100 rpm increaments. It would be pretty easy to make a graph from this information. This is more accurate information than you can obtain from any graph.

As for quarter mile times, we will have to keep it as a surprise until our car's meet.
No problem, I am partial to graphs. I am more visual and my graph making skills have not been tested since my childhood Looking forward to meeting with you in the near future.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
You two both have a highly admirable and respectful competitive spirit i cant imagine what this meeting between the two cars is going to be like!

all the best
adam

Old 08-23-2003, 12:12 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
so when will this meeting take place? Will it be an article in Excellence? I can't wait to hear the results!

Old 08-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
If you gentlemen don't mind, I'd really like a little notice to when you're getting together. I don't have a lot to do so I wouldn't mind making a trip just about anywhere to see the two beasts perform next to each other.

thanks

Old 08-23-2003, 12:52 PM
cjv
The first article Dave Colman is doing should be in the December Excellence. The article involving cjv/ s car go, EVO Stage V, Techart GT street S and possibly one other unconfirmed car will be printed sometime after the first article.

The other cars are currently ready. Todd has requested some time to get the Stage V car ready. As soon as he says it is ready Dave Colmen, the writer, will arrange track, strip and dyno dates. When these dates are secured, I will post. I'm sure it will be open to spectators.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:56 PM
cjv
The cjv/ s car go and Techart GT street S are ready. There is yet one manufacturer who has not accepted or rejected the invitation. Todd has requested additional time to ready the EVO Stage V car. As soon as he is ready, Dave Colman, a writer for Excellence, will schedule Thunder Hill, Sacramento Drag Strip and RPM Dyno and Tuning for the comparisons. One driver will operate all cars to obtain an equal comparison.

As soon as I have the dates, I will post. I'm sure this will be available for any interested spectators.

Old 08-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Sweet jesus!! Get a RUF R Turbo into that thing and once the test are done I will finally have my holy grail of comparo's so I can choose a route for my upgrade package.

Old 08-23-2003, 04:04 PM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
...I just might have to fly out to CA for this!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring