Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 08-23-2003, 04:04 PM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
...I just might have to fly out to CA for this!!!

Old 08-23-2003, 06:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Michael,

The one we are waiting to hear from is Asgar from Ruf (Weissach Performance)

Old 08-23-2003, 10:39 PM
john stephanus is on a distinguished road
Chad,

Have you tlked with Todd @ Protomotive (or Hamann) about having one of his cars in the test?

John

Old 08-23-2003, 11:04 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
John,

Todd at Protomotive did the ECU on the cjv/ s car go.

Old 08-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
If Asgar wanted to give me a super-sweet deal on an R Turbo 550hp converssion, I will give my car for the comparo!!! (If you are reading this Asgar, hint hint...)

Old 08-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Chad,

I am aware that Todd did your ECU...just would be interested in how a full Protomotive car would compare. It has been suggested a number of times to compare your car to Wilber's (now Hamann's I believe) car. I think it would be a very good addition to your group.

Thanks,

John

Old 08-24-2003, 11:02 AM
cjv
John,

Hamann's and my car are very close power wise without my engauging the CO2 or the N20 system's. The other difference would be the gearing, suspension and wheels/tires. I believe I am putting a lot more rubber down. I would accelerate faster with the gearing and Hamann would pass me by sometime after I hit 190 mph. My suspension is also extremely modified.

The above was in the past. Maybe something different has been done to Hamann's car since I talked to Todd..

If Hamann wants to have his car entered, have him contact me. What the heck, I will ask Dave Colman. It would be fun to meet him. He surely has one of the fastest 996tt's in California.

Old 08-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Chad,

As an aside...have you had any issues with your race oriented (I believe) suapension mods being too stiff to offer appropriate compliance for rough and/or undulating mountain roads??

John

Old 08-24-2003, 12:58 PM
cjv
John,

No problems as long as they have asphalt without potholes or big construction ruts. Steep driveways and large speed bumps also make for problems. As for twisty mountain roads.... When the car was set up about 25 mm lower we did have a problem. Little asphalt patches actually bottomed the car out on certain turns. However, the car only had about a 3/8" clearance in the front at the time. Dave Colman, a writer for Excellence took the car in May to an autocross. Dave is an accomplished driver and he took top time of the day by over one second. This was against specially prepared autocross cars with racing tires. I asked Dave to compare the cjv/ s car go to top SCCA autocross cars. He said with racing tires it would place in the top five overall.

When we run against the Techart GT street S and the EVO Stage V, the JRZ triple adjustable suspension, sway bar settings, camber, caster and toe in will be adjusted for the Thunder Hill track turn configuration. This will be very different from the autocross type setup.

Last edited by cjv; 08-24-2003 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:03 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I think I have to make a trip out for this one as well and give the winner a 6speedonline T-shirt

Old 08-25-2003, 09:23 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
did hammann buy wilburs car?

Old 08-25-2003, 09:37 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Soon2 be - he sure did!!

Old 08-27-2003, 09:54 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I thought they only can do a 440cc HI injector? Also make sure that the programing you have can be rewritten to use the injectors. They are only as good as the program.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:06 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I feel a whole lot better about that route then the 7th injector...Right tool for the job..

Old 08-27-2003, 10:09 PM
cjv
I agree it is a better tool. Now I am curious as to weather or not we see any difference on the dyno.

Last edited by cjv; 08-27-2003 at 10:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring