Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
So , did you end up putting the engine on the car ?

Old 07-16-2016, 11:15 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
So , did you end up putting the engine on the car ?
No, Neil at Performance Developments still is working on it.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:31 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
No, Neil at Performance Developments still is working on it.
All I want for Christmas is my motor ready for install.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:52 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Can't wait to see the results! Been following this thread as long as I have been on 6speed!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:14 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by machinegunt
Can't wait to see the results! Been following this thread as long as I have been on 6speed!
I spoke with Neil from Performance Development last week and asked him how things were coming along. He stated the motor would be ready to ship to Scargo by Christmas.

A few months ago I was given this update. Keep in mind, the engine was taken apart and parts were treated to vastly reduce the coefficient of friction for all moving parts. This coupled with the vacuum developed in the case will lead to a extremely quick motor response time.

Chad,

Went in today with interruptions and sat in front of the engine and looked at everything left to do. Everything left is custom. Some is easy like the plumbing of the Fuel system, but other stuff is not. We have 3 versions of the Oil Filter housing adapter to date and scrapped all three. None of this has being invoiced as it was more a trial and error exercise to find the limits of what we need to do.

The new Intake manifold with the 105 mm Throttle body has changed the whole landscape now. If it was fitting the stock manifold or even the other manifold with the smaller TB, it would be a lot different. However, we are given this manifold and TB and have to make it work. This is requiring the whole Intake system to be very custom. Nothing of the original system works. Everything is prototyped and custom. I have tried my best to limit the time here up to this point so the costs are under control. All we had done and changed will not be invoiced. However, we have to do what it takes to finish the engine and with no other choice but to put the time in and get it done. This is my personal project now and I will put the time in to get it done ASAP.

You are welcome to visit and see for your self the work involved.

This is the short list of what is left to do.

Finish the water Pump with the bigger impellor. Requires the spacer plate to be finished. This engine will need the extra water volume pumped through it to keep it at a reliable temperature.

Make up the Oil pressure adapter fitting. The stock one is held below the filter housing that now does not fit.

Make up the Oil Filter housing adapter to clear the TB. It looks like we will have to remotely mount the filter housing. After three attempts we have no other choice.

Oil tank lower fitting to Cam housing mod. This is to clear the Turbo on the #2 bank. Simple but necessary. Then cover with reflective foil to keep Oil temps under control.

Plumb the new fuel system. I bought the 12 Injectors so we could make up the new Fuel rails and still have to buy the FPR and make up the hoses. The fuel rails are finished.

Finish plumbing the Turbo oil and water lines. We started this but the new manifold and fuel system changed where these lines will route now. All custom stuff.

Fit the Ignition coils again. The carbon mounting plates need a little trimming now. We held off as the fuel system plumbing wants to live in the same place. We had fitted these but the connections at the rear of the engine butt into the -06 hoses for the Fuel return lines now.

Make up the Inlet pipe for the car that attaches to the TB and down to the cam covers. The rest will need to be finished in the car at Scargo. We have to do this so we know what clears the oil filter housing.

The TB and new manifold are so custom to this engine that everything we touched required a completely new fitment. The top of the long block with the heat exchanger fitted is all we have to work with. Everything else is new and custom. The Alternator, PS pump and AC comp are in their original places and have to stay due to the belt drive, but everything else is either gone or is another place. We have most of it done, but so much required on and off and modifying as the more we fitted the more a lot wanted to be in the same place.

This will be the most advanced Turbo engine we have built to date. Although it has taken this long to do, the end does justify the means.

I have an updated list of parts still to buy (small) and a good estimate of a lot of the time left. Taylor will submit this to you tomorrow.

In the meantime, can you forward the balance owing from the last invoice.

Thank you

Last edited by cjv; 12-04-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
what turbos will you be using?

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-07-2016, 08:57 AM
cjv
We have tested GT30R's, GT35R's and GT42's.

After all the tests and taking into consideration how I want to enjoy the car I have settled on modified Tial Alpha GT30's.

Last edited by cjv; 12-09-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:24 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,

The project looks great! It's been a while since I have caught up on the process, but looking good!

Old 12-09-2016, 03:28 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Chad,

The project looks great! It's been a while since I have caught up on the process, but looking good!
Welcome back Stephen.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:15 AM
cjv
The carbon fiber pieces are how we are mounting our particular coils.

Last edited by cjv; 08-31-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
lookin good !

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 02-20-2017, 11:55 AM
cjv
Carbon fiber coil mounts and coils.

Last edited by cjv; 08-31-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:52 PM
trbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cjv
We have tested GT30R's, GT35R's and GT42's.

After all the tests and taking into consideration how I want to enjoy the car I have settled on modified Tial Alpha GT30's.
This is a hell of a project cjv. How come you decided to stay with the Tial 30s and what're you doing custom on them? Best of luck, its almost done!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:17 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by trbofvr
This is a hell of a project cjv. How come you decided to stay with the Tial 30s and what're you doing custom on them? Best of luck, its almost done!
I enjoy going the the track and look for quickness coming out of the apex. The 30's are just the ticket. The 4.3L will take little effort to light this turbo's up quickly.

Not looking for quarter mile or top end.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Rufian is on a distinguished road
Great project

Now, althou have taken this long, this has been a very instructive thread, this will be no doubt one hell of an engine, very best of luck!!!!..,cheers!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring