Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

tuning toyota supra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:24 AM
OCTurbo is on a distinguished road
tuning toyota supra

A friend of mine want to add some hp to his toyota supra turbo. It is totally stock now. He wants about another 100 hp. I don't know much about japanese cars, but if tuning these cars is similar to a 996 TT, that would entail a chip and an exhaust. Does that sound about right?
Can anyone recommend a good tuner in Orange County, CA.
thanks,
jb

Old 02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
Supra go by "BPU" upgrades. If hes looking for 400, its not that tough. Full exhaust, intake, and electronic boost controller.

I would recommend SP Engineering. I know the guys there and they do top notch work. Not really in OC, but not that far.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Get ahold of Ryan @ WOTM, Larry @ Sound Performance, or the guys @ SP Engineering. They definately will steer you in the right direction.

BTW, Supras' are easy to get good power out of!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:04 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
SP engineering.. full bpu.. exhaust, downpipes, intake and boost controller

Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 PM
GT3PTY is on a distinguished road
You want serious power on that supra, contact Justin Nenni justin@tuningconcepts.com
here is some of his work.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piEjJMOEDs and Dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrX_JAVwnw8 here is that car on my dyno.... have fun...
Tony

Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
As the others mentioned, contact SP Engineering in City of Industry, CA.

They're a VERY well respected Supra tuner.

www.sp-power.com

Old 02-08-2008, 09:44 PM
rjsmd is on a distinguished road
I have great respect for many of the individuals mentioned above, but you don't need any ECU tuning to get another 100 hp out of a stock MKIV Supra. BPU (Basic Performance Upgrades) is all that's needed. A down pipe, ehaust and intake will achieve the power you specified. A boost cut controler and boost controler would allow him to raise boost beyond stock (otherwise, he might occasionally hit "boost cut"). If your friend is mechanically inclined this can be done with some basic tools in his own garage. If he wants to hire someone to do the work, I would suggest the closest import tuner that has experience with MKIV Supras. (In SoCal, SP Engineering is an excellent choice.)

I suggest he spend some time over at mkiv.com in the technical section, and on supraforums.com doing some reading and searching. There is much that can be learned from these sites with a week or two of reading/searching/trolling.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Denis GTPRO is on a distinguished road
We are located in Fullerton and have a couple of high Hp supras here. The factory turbos are good for about 400 to the ground and your done. Beyond that you will have to do some other things. You can break 1000to the wheels on a stock block with a mkiv supra. You will still need fuel tuning to make 100 hp safely. injectors and a fuel controller, FCD (fuel cut diffensor) etc. We also have an awd dyno in house

Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GT3PTY
You want serious power on that supra, contact Justin Nenni justin@tuningconcepts.com
here is some of his work.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piEjJMOEDs and Dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrX_JAVwnw8 here is that car on my dyno.... have fun...
Tony
No argument there bro! Justin is the one that tuned Peter Black's Supra's and their crazy fast!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:12 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
i have seen Justin work, nice guy and very knowledgable.

I agree though, for a 100hp, a boost controler, a full exhaust and a greddy bcc, will do the job. 17 PSI of pure joy. Then comes the single turbo and the rest goes history. Obviously, for more info, you would be better on supraforums.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
bens gt3 is on a distinguished road
+1 on looking into supraforums, but as always remember to search before asking questions.

as for justin, he is the BEST tuner around, PERIOD!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is on a distinguished road
There are a lot in socal, you just need to look around for one that meets your needs. Like someone else said, check on the supraforums.com

Old 06-15-2008, 04:09 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 PM
DrwVIP is on a distinguished road
Although not a tuner, VIPIMPORTS.com has some nice mod Supras if your friend would rather have a car with the "right" mods

Old 07-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Ubermensch is on a distinguished road
All of the advice given is good. The tuners mentioned are all great, but as someone else mentioned 100 hp isn't a big deal on Supras. Full BPU and you're good to go. www.supraforums.com or www.mkiv.com for more information.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tuning toyota supra