Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

nissan gtr tuned

Old 06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
nissan gtr tuned

How much horse and torque do you think tuners will be able to get with the gtr? Is the engine in the gtr mod friendly, TIA.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough
Japanese tuners and Australian tuners are hesitant to go beyond 600hp, the main problem is the gearbox. The engine also isnt as friendly as the previous GTR I6 engines.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
wow, I am surprised to hear the gearbox is so weak i thought they would be able to get crazy numbers.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 PM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
I think the limits of these DSG type boxes are a bit more vague. Maybe in the future we'll see bigger numbers, but 600 doesn't seem too shabby to me.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
The new engine is good for power(not as good as the older ones), I know of 600+ rwhp 350Z/G35 (engine is almost the same as the R35). DSG transmissions always seem to have problems, and they should have just stuck to the standard 6 speed. If theyre building cars for real drivers, they should be able to deal with no auto.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 AM
///M3TZ is on a distinguished road
The DSG is a big part of what makes the GTR such a great car. Without it there would be no competing with the 997tt. I dont know how much hp we will see coming from them but from the dynos I think they are closer to 600 hp stock.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:45 AM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ///M3TZ
The DSG is a big part of what makes the GTR such a great car. Without it there would be no competing with the 997tt. I dont know how much hp we will see coming from them but from the dynos I think they are closer to 600 hp stock.

Earlier ringer ones provided to the magazines were measured to have between 430-450rwhp. The actual production cars measured far lower and are in the region of 398rwhp. These production models has power output that actually line up to the factory 480fwhp.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jenvan is on a distinguished road
Gtr

I am sure it wont be long before we start seeing some big numbers out of that car.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
yoda is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Earlier ringer ones provided to the magazines were measured to have between 430-450rwhp. The actual production cars measured far lower and are in the region of 398rwhp. These production models has power output that actually line up to the factory 480fwhp.
Do you not understand that the dyno used reads lower like a mustang dyno? Cobb tuning dynoed there Stock jdm PRODUCTION GTR and it was 408awhp using a mustang dyno. The 430 awhp dynoes with stock GTR are using Dyno jets. So yes stock production GTRs put down 430 awhp . Btw the issue with the tranny is the stock clutch cant hold 600+hp(starts to slip in the Amuse/ Mcr GTR) ,and there hasnt been any issue with the engine either. Why havent you provided a link of a actual broken tranny/engine to back your statements ? I think everybody on the net knows you hate the GTR. Give it a rest already.

Last edited by yoda; 07-01-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 AM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Ben Linney has a production car, not a ringer. His car was showing a calculated 520 flywheel hp.

I wouldnt mind getting my hands on a new GTR to do some toying with.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
cynicali will become famous soon enough
Wow Yoda, that's one hell of an introductory post.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cynicali
Wow Yoda, that's one hell of an introductory post.
There have been so many GTR fans banned and coming back under different names, it's hard to tell if it's really his first post.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM will become famous soon enough
Hi.. There is a very nice standalone out that uses the stock ECU to run the drive by wire and dash.... Cant wait to get one in to play with...... Tim

Old 07-11-2008, 07:33 PM
swift996 is on a distinguished road
I've seen some dyno's coming from Japan of them putting down 450-470whp STOCK...I wouldn't doubt it, look at the "power" (480hp) to weight (3850lbs) and there is a discrepancy with the performance. Look at the trap speed in the 1/4, they are making more than 480 at the crank, I promise you.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
swift996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
Hi.. There is a very nice standalone out that uses the stock ECU to run the drive by wire and dash.... Cant wait to get one in to play with...... Tim
Wouldn't that be a piggy back? I'm not following.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: nissan gtr tuned