Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Aftermarket exhaust triggering CEL code fix?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Aftermarket exhaust triggering CEL code fix?

For members that experienced CEL code after they installed an aftermarket exhaust or headers, how did you fix the CEL warning code?

I got a Supersprint race exhaust, using Factory header and Cats. It been running fine till recently. Long story short, Supersprint of NA of NO help, other then said to maybe try a spark plug non fouler or washer to space out the O2 sensors. If regular washer does work, what type of washer should I buy?

I heard about using 02 bung but they are pretty thick .5 inch almost. If other member have any suggestion on what type to use to remove this annoying CEL error, please let me know. Matrix is installing my new suspension as well as putting the Supersprint exhaust back on next week. So hopefully got this figure out before I drop off the car for install next week.

Tks in advance

Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Update

Originally Posted by advantyper
For members that experienced CEL code after they installed an aftermarket exhaust or headers, how did you fix the CEL warning code?

I got a Supersprint race exhaust, using Factory header and Cats. It been running fine till recently. Long story short, Supersprint of NA of NO help, other then said to maybe try a spark plug non fouler or washer to space out the O2 sensors. If regular washer does work, what type of washer should I buy?

I heard about using 02 bung but they are pretty thick .5 inch almost. If other member have any suggestion on what type to use to remove this annoying CEL error, please let me know. Matrix is installing my new suspension as well as putting the Supersprint exhaust back on next week. So hopefully got this figure out before I drop off the car for install next week.

Tks in advance
Do you have an update re your CEL situation?