Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

interface with MOST BUS audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:36 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
interface with MOST BUS audio

does anyone here hava any experience with attempting to adapt a MOST BUS digital output with an aftermarket amplifier. They had some black-box devices in the past for this, but they don't seem to be on the market anymore. An adapter would save a great deal of time, since the only other option is to strip every audio component out of the cars! Yikes!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
hifimonkey will become famous soon enough
The first question is what car are we talking about. I believe you will find for the most part, that the MOST BUS system is for input. CD changer, ipod, nav... There are a few vehicles that transfer digital info the the OEM amp. In that case, it is posable to find the analog L/R located after the DA converter within the amp and get a clean signal from there. More often, to maintain the OEM head, you end up using the analog outputs from the head unit. With the proper adaptors/amp, a very desirable sound can be attained in most cases.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:32 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Thanks for the info! It seems there are not many who will work with MOST-bus. I came to the same conclusion as you, and will try a JL cleansweep processor on the analog speaker level outputs. I am pretty sure that with the NON-bose system, the amp for the speakers is contained within the PCM heads unit. My biggest concern is that they have a poor high level output. Speaker level outs can have 2-3% distortion or more. A nice 4Volt line-out can be as low as .1%. That is why I was hoping there was a simple black-box solution. DEI announced one in 2006, but it seems that they never produced it

Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Please tell me what kind of car you are working on. We have found that Zapco interfaces very nicely with a number of OEM systems and while I agree that a good aftermarket unit usually will perform a bit better the overall result of a good integraion match is very pleasing.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:57 PM
the vehicle is a 2009 C2S

Old 05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Will I don't exactly know what kind of sound you are after but there is a really great upgrade that will fit with no visual changes to the car and it sounds fantastic.

There is room in the trunk for a Zapco 4-channel amp and a Zapco 2 channel amp under the plastic & behind the tool area. The only thing you loose is the screwdriver and the tow hook spots in the tool area.

Speaker wise, there is room for a 9" driver in the door and you can of course upgrade the mid/tweet (and should). All behind the factory grills and if treated properly, no rattles (Dynamat). If you are interested in more, let me know and I will post some pics.

I also happen to sell this stuff.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 AM
MotusLab is on a distinguished road
Most-bus

Hello,
there is only one company in the world that is working on a MOST Bus interface.
It's the company that I working for: Motus Lab.
We are going to put on the market a MOST-BUS audiogateway with AUX-OUT capabilities as weel as DSP capabilities.
With that product we can give you up to 115dB SNR due to direct conversion from digital to analog without any concerns like Noise as you have on some High - to -Low level interfaces.
If you want to learn more about it visit http://www.motuslab.com/productsaser...iogateway.html or send an email to info@motuslab.com

Bye

Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
Old 05-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi, it seems not yet on the market, isn't it?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
Not yet. According to their marketing firm, early to mid-July. The thing intriguing about your company is the DSP would be in interface. with the Mobridge units, you would need external processing via something like an Audison Bit One. What is the ETA and pricing on your unit?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Not yet. According to their marketing firm, early to mid-July.

The thing intriguing about your company is the DSP would be in interface. with the Mobridge units, you would need external processing via something like an Audison Bit One. What is the ETA and pricing on your unit?

Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 AM
Our product it's an all in one, PreAmp outputs (up to 8 channels) + Audio DSP + AUX IN from iPOD/USB. The product is modular so the customer can choose what features have or not. If he starts with basic configuration he can add more later on, it's just a plug&play operation. About audio quality we made an very high end product with results better or equals to Alpine F1 status wich is the reference for Car Audio.
We haven't yet a distributor for USA market, we are looking for it. Actually we are selling in Europe with a retail price around 1000 euro (VAT excluded) for the full configuration (8 Preamps + DSP + iPod).
Sorry in advance for this question: what is ETA?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Estimated Time of Arrival = ETA. In other words, When will it be available in US? Based on your response, it sounds like that is unknown. Is there a distributor in Europe that I could contact to get one shipped to me if I wanted? This sounds like a great product in that it would combine the DSP and interfaceinto one unit. Will the DSP be able to do time alignment and equalization?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 AM
The DSP got: Digital Xover, Parametric Equalizer (up to 5 bands), Graphic Equalizer (31 bands), Time alignment, Output level adjustment, phase inversion, phase adjustment (only for sub, 5° steps), bass and treble central frequency adjustment.

The product without iPod interface it's ready for to be shipped, iPod connection will be ready by august/beginning of september.

For commercial information send an email to info@motuslab.com we will be happy to reply you soon.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
COOL! I just sent MotusLabs an email to find out more about this. The only hiccup I could see would be the cost. 1k euros works out to be about $1,400 US. It is sounding like the DA 1000 will be in the $600-700 range and $400 or less for a Bit One. However, it will depend on other factors like SNR, DSP functionality, etc. Either way, its GREAT to see products like these coming to market.