Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Question For The Experts About Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:17 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Question For The Experts About Mods

Hi Everyone,
So when I bought the TT I thought this is as fast as I am ever going to need to go. After a friend tuned the car for me with an ECU upgrade (He is a very known person in the industry) and I noticed the difference in turbo lag, throttle response and overall performance, let's just say I am hooked like an addict.
I am looking at other upgrades and wanted to get the expert opinion from the more experienced.
First of all my needs:
I am not a speed demon on the road and am mainly a DD with occassional track time. I do not want to change turbos and I live in California (in case smog regulation need to be factored in your decision making)
I have friends in the field and all have mentioned various upgrades, some cheaper than others. I want a "realistic" HP car that isn't going to give me problems as far as maintenance and voided warranty (as much as possible) Or maybe a referal to a mod friendly dealer.
Also a proper sequence to maximize efficiency and productivity of each mod.
I have read other threads but I thought I would list and see the +/- of each listed mod.
Maybe it can serve as a nice reference for others as well.

1) High-Flow Intake
2) 5-Bar Fuel pressure regulator
3) Billet Diverter Valve upgrade
4) Silicone hose kit replacement
5) Intercooler upgrades
6) Carbon Fiber Intake duct
7) Upgraded Throttle body
8) Headers
9) Exhaust
*** Which one drones the least?
*** Which one sounds the best?
*** Will it pass emissions with the headers?
10) Stage-3 Clutch
*** Or Stage-2? What stage clutch do I need? Is the stock sufficient?
11) Suspension
12) Hitachi MAF Upgrade
13) HID lights (This is not really a performance upgrade I know.)
Should I get Xenon headlights or retrofit kit?

I have availability for custom tuning and dyno time.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This is like a drug and I'm hooked. I hope there are support groupd with similar people with the same illness
Thanks everyone for any input. It is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:21 PM
BGolden will become famous soon enough
The boost and power addiction will never end. You will always want more. Sorry wish I could help you more. I joined when I was going to by a C2 911. The deal fell through and i went w/ another rotary powered vehicle. However I enjoy this site the most.

That being said. Anytime you can improve exhaust (freer flowing the better) and intake you will have nice gains you can enjoy. Tuning for these mods is key. I am not sure how free flowing you can get in Cali. In Oklahoma I get away running a 3inch w/ no cats, straight through mufflers, and a wastegate vented to atmosphere. Lets just say its loud, but fun.

Hope that helps some and enjoy the modding.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
QTC
QTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of lightQTC is a glorious beacon of light
Hi !!

For your 5 bar pressure regulator, I must have a new gas pump and high flow injector, if not your power increase will be limited.

For me a high flow intake, must be add to a high flow manifold, like the carbon manifold (and carbon like insane ^^).

Silicon hose => it's more for the picture, than the power (indeed if you have a high pessure pump I guess it's useless.

Upgraded throttle body is really fun, the sound and the power.

For exhaust system I'm not an expert but 3" pipe inox is really nice

Suspension is more for a good balanced in race track.
Clutch too but a stage 3 is useless in your case.

New intercoller is a good choice in california => hot weather + smog

To finish, I love Xenon light (blue iceberg)

Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned
SmokdZ is on a distinguished road
I would suggest to upgrade throttle body, exhaust, intake, manifold, clutch, flywheel, and just finish off by remapping you ECU. JMO and a HUGE + on the xenon lights (HID) Have to agree with QTC on the iceberg