Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Question on quality of aftermarket bodywork

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Sarum87 is on a distinguished road
Question on quality of aftermarket bodywork

Hi all. I have a Panamera Turbo on order and have been thinking of putting some aftermarket bodywork (ie. Techart, Vorsteiner, etc...) on the car to improve its looks but I'm a bit hesitant and have some questions:

1- concerned about paint match quality. does it look OEM?
2- quality. is this stuff any good? fit & finish, alignment, paint quality, durability if bumped, longevity, etc...
3- what company has the best reputation for quality?

any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
Vincent@CEC has a spectacular aura aboutVincent@CEC has a spectacular aura about
We have a Panamera Turbo with the Techart Aerokit I in our showroom and all of the parts fits perfect. Quality is great there are no imperfections in the parts parts at all, no crazy modifications to make it fit right. Out of the box, the Techart stuff just needs to be painted and installed. We have a very good body shop that does all of our cars and they are amazing as well. You can look through the galleries on our website to look at the quality of the work we produce. We have done many Techart Body Kits on other Porsche chassis as well and recommend Techart to all of our customers that are considering these parts.

You can also give me a call at (310) 203-3900 ext 105 or email me at v.santos@cecwheels.com and I would be happy to help you and answer all of your questions.

Here's a link to our Techart Panamera Turbo page

Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 PM
farfinator is infamous around these parts
You are asking 2 questions really somewhat independent of one another.

1. What manufacturers have consistently high quality materials, fit and finish.
2. How can I assure prep and paint are of OE quality.

You will not go wrong with Vincent's Techart line. The quality of the Techart components and fit have always ranked among the best.

Who puts the equipment on, what paint system they use, their careful prep and application of the paint product will determine the OE like finished product.

So, research several manufacturers for the "appearance" you are trying to achieve. With luck, perhaps the offerings of Techart are appealing to you. Post your top picks and solicit the opinions of the forum as to their specific experience with the products. Ask the folks in your region for the best Autobody facility with experience with these upgrades and a excellent reputation for paint quality and go from there.

A final cautionary note. You will find that you ultimately pay more for the "cheap" stuff. It will take your installer considerably more time to wrestle with poor fitment and poor finish quality and eat up any savings and then some.