Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Anyone test Fabspeed VS B&B exhaust and headers to see which nets more hp?

Old 03-26-2005, 08:48 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Anyone test Fabspeed VS B&B exhaust and headers to see which nets more hp?

Hi Guys,

I'm not one to pick a header/exhaust system for looks, power is the main concern...anyone test these two to see which nets more?

I have a 993 (see attached).

Thanks for your input on this!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	daves911socaleuro.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	11712  
Old 03-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Erik@Cargraphic is on a distinguished road
Awesome 993 ...

Old 03-26-2005, 02:52 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Erik@Cargraphic
Awesome 993 ...
Thanks! I enjoy it. One of the sexier-shaped 911's IMO, but I still woudln't mind a GT3 and GT2 to adopt.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:52 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Super D,

About two years ago we tested both brands. The Fabspeed made far more power. The B&B with the headers actually lost a little power.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:35 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally posted by cjv
Super D,

About two years ago we tested both brands. The Fabspeed made far more power. The B&B with the headers actually lost a little power.
Thanks Chad, interesting...Did you run headers and exhaust from each? Why do you suppose the results were the way they were, anything you could see?

Old 03-28-2005, 09:25 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Super D
Thanks Chad, interesting...Did you run headers and exhaust from each? Why do you suppose the results were the way they were, anything you could see?
Yes, we tested the headers and exhaust. If I remember correctly there were one other person at the time who tested the B&B's and found them to have made about five more hp over the stock exhaust.

My opinion is the Fabspeed, although too loud for me, is a better flowing exhaust and makes more power than the B&B exhaust. Probably to the tune of about ten plus more hp. In addition, the B&B headers were made of a thinner gauge material and were not ceramic coated which allowed for additional heat loss. When we tested the Fabspeed exhaust we used S Car Go headers which were coated. Fabspeed posted that dyno run on their website for some time.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:39 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally posted by cjv
Yes, we tested the headers and exhaust...
Thanks for the input, much appreciated!