Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Need advice on camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 PM
drsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the rough
Need advice on camber adjustment

I have a regular Carrera S front end on my GTS. Need to figure out the least expensive way to get to 2.5-3 negative camber. Any Ideas? Changing lower control arms with a GT3 ones? camber plates? shims?
Thanx

Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
rss tarmac lower control arms are the cheapest way to do it. they also come with the adjustable solid pucks for setting your caster too.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:31 AM
drsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
rss tarmac lower control arms are the cheapest way to do it. they also come with the adjustable solid pucks for setting your caster too.
Thanks.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
from what i hear the shims work well too

Old 04-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Not4off is on a distinguished road
Rennline camber plates

Tomorrow I will have installed Rennline camber plates on front struts only and get an alignment. Doing this as an alternative to GT3 lower control arms. Track day on Friday. Track wheels have Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. I'll post the results. These camber plates will result in a ride height reduction of approximately 1/4" and will allow an increase of 1.25 negative camber. Last 4 sets of track tires were RE-11s and with those I'd almost be tempted to not modify the suspension on my 2009 C2s but with the Sport Cups, the need to significantly increase negative camber for handling and track tire wear was all too apparent.

...Richard

Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 AM
911 S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Not4off
Tomorrow I will have installed Rennline camber plates on front struts only and get an alignment. Doing this as an alternative to GT3 lower control arms. Track day on Friday. Track wheels have Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. I'll post the results. These camber plates will result in a ride height reduction of approximately 1/4" and will allow an increase of 1.25 negative camber. Last 4 sets of track tires were RE-11s and with those I'd almost be tempted to not modify the suspension on my 2009 C2s but with the Sport Cups, the need to significantly increase negative camber for handling and track tire wear was all too apparent.

...Richard
Richard, any updates on the install?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Not4off is on a distinguished road
Camber Plates Out--GT3 LCAs IN!

My initial foray into increased negative camber was problematic to say the least. I experienced two separate failures on different track days on both left and right camber plates. One failure was the step bushing and the other, the strut mount itself. The Porsche dealership thought it was "product failure" while the aftermarket company insisted "installation error." I'll never know which.

What I perhaps should have done in the first place was go the route of (front) GT3 (996) Lower Control Arms to get the amount of negative camber I wanted. I sourced the LCAs from Tarret and currently have -2.46 (front) and -2.39 (rear) degrees of negative camber. It is possible to get enough negative camber in the rear without resorting to aftermarket parts at least for a dual use car like mine...daily driver and 2-3 track days/month.

My set-up uses the Litronic Kit and one 16mm spacer each side. I am not using the spacers which are only needed for much smaller shim applications. The car drives wonderfully.

...Richard

Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Respo is on a distinguished road
The cheapest way the get camber would be Shims but if you want to track your car I would go the other way. Most of lambo guy I know use shims for their cars.