Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Project: Blown Escalade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Project: Blown Escalade

As my 1999 Blown Surburban is getting real long in the tooth, I've been looking a couple of ideas for a new people/dog/family hauler.

My truck tuner is currently doing a twin turbo, stroked 6.0L that should put 1100 HP to the wheels. He is putting this in a GM short bot 4x4. I was considering doing the same general engine in the Escalade, detuned to about 800 WHP. I was quite committed to this until I heard about the new 5.0L (305 c.i.) Whipple.

I've always been a huge fan of Whipple superchargers. I'm not sure of the HP but I'm sure it would be significant. The W305 can push max CFM of 2770 with max boost of 30 PSI! Anyone know how to do a rough conversion of CFM to horsepower? None the less, I think the BIG low end torque of the twin screw supercharger would come in handy in a full size SUV. I'm afraid a twing turbo system would not provide the low end grunt a big, heavy truck needs, despite being able to put out very impressive peak numbers.

Comments?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I spent a few hours at my truck tuners on Sunday. We are looking at putting that new Chevy 502 LSX small block in an Escalade and trying to stuff that 5.0L Whipple in the engine bay on top of a big intercooler. HAHAHAHA! It's going to be difficult keeping this engine hidden under the hood. I definately think we are going to have a big of blower coming through the hood. We are thinking that Big blower on a well build should be able to put 1100 - 1200 to the wheels and only be running about 75%-80% of the supercharger capacity. The plan is to build the engine to hold 2000HP. The most difficult part will be to fit the blown 502 small block in the engine bay.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Well, I spent a few hours at my truck tuners on Sunday. We are looking at putting that new Chevy 502 LSX small block in an Escalade and trying to stuff that 5.0L Whipple in the engine bay on top of a big intercooler. HAHAHAHA! It's going to be difficult keeping this engine hidden under the hood. I definately think we are going to have a big of blower coming through the hood. We are thinking that Big blower on a well build should be able to put 1100 - 1200 to the wheels and only be running about 75%-80% of the supercharger capacity. The plan is to build the engine to hold 2000HP. The most difficult part will be to fit the blown 502 small block in the engine bay.
I gotta say, I like where your head is at Brother . . .

Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I gotta say, I like where your head is at Brother . . .
Thanks! It will be cool eating Zo6's in a Suburban!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
wheeltectampa is on a distinguished road
best of luck

Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by wheeltectampa
best of luck
You know, the more I hear about those Zo6's the more luck I know I'm going to need!

The manifold for the 3.3L is supposed to be available from Whipple in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. Getting the pollished blower with the 10 rib belt option. The built 4L80E tranny has been ordered. I thing the 6L80E is only good for 600 HP from what I hear. Brakes and suspension has been ordered.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Dutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond repute
So will it be the Suburban or the Escalade? Anyway, this could be quite the sleeper of the year. :P

*bookmarked*

Old 06-09-2008, 01:28 PM
The Escalade. It will replace my 1999 blown 7.4L Suburban. (Which is for sale if anyone local is interested). It dyno'd about 660'lbs and 440 HP at the rear wheels. Great for hauling, towing or general tormenting!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Hansel is on a distinguished road
I dont thiink there's anyway to keep a 2,000 hp escalade too much of a sleeper!

The s/c whine will wake up neighbors and have dogs howling when they hear it.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Man, I miss that whine! I feel like a Hill-Billy driving a stock truck!