VW Touareg, Phaeton, R32 and other VolksWagen's

VF Engineering MK5 R32 intake review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
Sean@VF is on a distinguished road
VF Engineering MK5 R32 intake review

We have been making R32 performance products for years.
Some of the more popular parts have been our SC kits for the MK4 and our mounts for both MK4 and MK5 R32's.

We get a large amount of positive customer feedback over the phone on a daily basis however most leave it at that.

A dealer of VF Engineering in Australia called Eurospeed had a customer name Terrence. He was looking for an alternative intake over his current Modshack unit.

Lucas gave us a ring and promptly ordered a new intake system for his customer.

"
Originally Posted by Big Yellow
During the week I took off my Modshack and installed the VF Engineering Intake for my R32.
Intake supplied by Lucas@Eurospeed.
crappy photos taken from iPhone 3Gs

Modshack removed leaving big empty space:

Heatshield installed:

Another shot of the heatshield:

Supplied cold air pipe - made from some material as intake piping:

Intake all hooked up and reinstalled the OEM front fresh air feed:

Another shot:

My comparison between VF and Modshack intakes:
I wasn't expecting much, if any, difference between the two intake systems (it was not my reason to change). Personally I thought that the Modshack is a pretty good intake, but I didn't like the ghetto look and feel of it.
The VF intake looks and feels solid and the connectors, piping and heatshield are well put together and good quality. After a long and semi-hard drive last night I could definately feel a temperature difference either side of the heatshield, so i can safely say that the intake is sucking in cool air.
Sound wise, I thought that the modshack was loud - the induction noise of this intake is crazy. on WOT and changing gears, the car sounds nuts with heaps of dsg fart/flutter.
Overall, pretty happy with it!
Highly recommend!! :biggrin:
"

This intake is available from VF Engineering 24/7 through our website here: http://www.vf-accessories.com/acc-airintake_r32.php

Please PM me for more information or e-mail me direct
Thanks
-Sean
Sean@vf-engineering.com

Old 08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
Hubert@VF is on a distinguished road
MORE INFO: VF-Engineering R32 - CAI kit

Its getting warmer...time for a CAI for your MK5 R32!

to order:
http://www.vf-accessories.com/...2.php

Cold air feed duct:
The venturi is in the "cold air feed" duct and not the filter. Designed to collect as much air from the outside and feed it to the cavity formed by the air filter shield. It will be held in place with OEM style tie-wraps.

Dyno:
Our 4wd dyno plots will be supplied by GIAC, our intake made 7-8 whp at 4 all wheels on top of their chip and shows a clear area under the curve showing a genuine gain over a range of RPM.

Availability:
We are waiting for some parts to come in and will update this thread with a more specific time frame within a week. All our dealers including Regal Autosport in the UK will likely have these in stock.

Engine cover:
All 3 of the cars we are using for prototyping of our accessories and turbo kits have had no black plastic engine cover. We will look into ordering one from Europe unless our local dealer can supply it.

-------------------------

As shown below the VF Engineering Intake for the Mk5 R32 consists of large through bore ducting, K&N induction filter, filter heat shield and our venturi cold air feed.

VF- MK5 R32 CAI kit

VF MK5 R32 CAI installed

Venturi cold air feed (utilized by "scooping" cold air to the intake)

Venturi air feed installed