Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > The 6Speed Lifestyle > Watches - Show and Sell
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Are TAG Heuer good watches?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 02:26 AM

Kevganzon is on a distinguished road

Hi guys this is my first time posting in the watch section because i am starting to have more of a interest to start collecting. I have a Rolex Oyster Perpetual GMT Master but am looking for a different color for some variety with my wardrobes or different occasions. I am also looking at something versatile and almost everyday.

I thought i'd post here to ask the more knowledgeable guys. Would you guys recommend TAG's Aquaracers, Formula 1, or Carreras ?

Here's the Rolex
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Kevganzon; 11-20-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:52 AM

FEAR will become famous soon enoughFEAR will become famous soon enough
My humble opinion, there are much better watches for the money than any tag, better built, more fashionable, hold their value better. breitling, hamilton, low end rolex, etc.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:38 PM

scottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond reputescottschoe has a reputation beyond repute
Nice rootbeer! If you have your heart set on a Tag, buy it used on TZ, as they it takes a pretty significant hit. I do agree with FEAR though...
Old 11-21-2010, 05:49 AM

TT/T is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevganzon View Post
I thought i'd post here to ask the more knowledgeable guys. Would you guys recommend TAG's Aquaracers, Formula 1, or Carreras ?
Have a peruse at Watch Time (Ebner Publishing), Dec 2010, Last Minute, Page 194

It appears that an "in-house" Carrera Calibre 1887 (with SII patent) is coming out next spring.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:36 AM

ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
Zane Oliver
I agree in general with most comments above. Having said that, I do like a couple of Tags, and if I were buying one today, it would be a Carrera.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Tags in my opinion look great but i guess they dont hold their value too well. Thats too bad. I looking into Omega's as well.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Tristan is on a distinguished road
Tag have some great watches visually and their new in house movement with certification is quite good too. Visually I think that Tag have better looking pieces than Omega but in terms of respect and status Omega wins. Depending on your budget I think you should perhaps look at some Omegas like a Planet Ocean or even some IWC.

I have a Tag Carrera (It was my first watch that I bought for myself about 4 years ago) and it's still in great condition and haven't had any issues *touch wood*. It's a great looking watch and looks good for casual wear but also with a suit etc as it really captures the light with the stainless case and black face.

Like I said, it depends on your budget and your taste. Yes Tag are good watches and they are quite popular so they are recognised but do some research, make sure if you want an in house movement that you get a Carrera. Talk to some dealers to get an idea of what's out there in the same price range.

I hope this helps a bit.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 AM

I just saw an Omega Aquaracer Calibre S black face and fell in love. Its not a Carrera but what do you guys think?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:17 AM

FEAR will become famous soon enoughFEAR will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevganzon View Post
i just saw an omega aquaracer calibre s black face and fell in love. Its not a carrera but what do you guys think?
better than tag!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:47 PM

Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Excellent watches and never have any issues with my Formula 1 and have owned it for over 6yrs. I am not gentle with my watches either ! Also owned a aqua racer that was great for couple of yrs but lost it surfing but if your collecting its great to try them all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tag.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	138087  

Last edited by Sleepy996; 11-22-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:29 PM

mdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond reputemdrums has a reputation beyond repute
Great rootbeer GMT! Love Rolex GMT's.

I have 2 Tags and have never had any isses with them. I have a Carrera that is a few years old and a Tag F1 Chrono PVD black 44mm that is a quartz.

I am selling off my Tag Carrera possibly if you are interested. I have the rubber and the steel bracelet for it. Let me know if you like it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tag Carrera on Rubber.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	138109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0364.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	138110  

National PCA Instructor, Chin Motorsports and PBOC Instructor
2012 Carrera GTS
Old 11-22-2010, 08:12 PM

Thanks for sharing pics of your Tag's. I like the Carrera but like someone posted that for the price of a Carrera you can find something better. If i do get a Tag i'm looking into the Aquaracer Calibre S or Formula 1 (for casual everyday use)

What do you guys think?

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Kevganzon; 11-22-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Cdnrockies will become famous soon enough
We've got a few of them. As others have mentioned, they don't hold their value as well as some others, but they are available for a decent price. We've never had an issue with any of them and get tons of compliments on the looks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tag-heuer-grand-carrera-rs.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	138124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Link.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	138125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Women's Aquaracer.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	138126  

'11 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
'10 X5 35d Space Gray
Old 11-23-2010, 06:48 AM

Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
If this was going to be my everyday go to watch I would pick up the pre owned submariner Gil has right now on his site and he is also one of the sponsors. If you do decide to go with the Tag Overstock.com usually has them heavily discounted.

Last edited by Sleepy996; 11-23-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 AM

F1 Kevin is on a distinguished road
I have had Tag Carrera Chronograph in silver for 5+ years and it still holds time perfect. I've beat the crap out of it too. Always gets compliments wherever I go.

I think the Tag Carreras look alot better than Omega's. Tag's seem to be most compared to Omega's and I compared them when making the purchase and went with the TAG. All personal preference though.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 AM

Tags
cal, carrera, everyday, forum, good, heuer, heuers, heur, heurer, huer, tag, tags, time, watch, watches