Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Current Situation with Adaptec Speedware/Motorsport-Tech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 01:53 PM
The Youngn is on a distinguished road
My Current Situation with Adaptec Speedware/Motorsport-Tech

This is just describing my most recent experience with Adaptec Speedware/Motorsport-Tech and what I'm still dealing with right now.

Starts with a buddy of mine purchasing a Cayman S and I refer him to some wheels that was an amazing deal but required spacers to fit. He purchased the wheels and didn't know anything about offsets and asked for my advice. I show him different fitments and we opted to go with a 12mm spacer. I tell him I've order multiple times from Adaptec and have referred plenty others to order spacers and adapters, as well. Him not knowing anything about this subject, he asks me to order for him and he would give me cash and I agree.

2/19/15
I place an order for 12mm spacers with extended bolts, specified for a Porsche 997 at 71.5 hub bore and 5x130 lug pattern. They cut them, and from previous experience, product usually comes in about 2 weeks so I tell my buddy and we wait.

3/4/15
As expected spacers come in the 2 week time frame. My buddy's car is at SoloMotorsports getting springs installed and I tell him to have them keep the wheels off until I get there to throw the spacers on and get that out of the way. I get off work and head there with the spacers and give them to Boris, the shop owner. He comes right back to me and says they don't work and I don't believe him because he's a jokester but I see this when we walk to the car.
Name:  48a1a89cb2116d09074bc8cbf6f0f2a5_zpse2lf7k8h.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  181.7 KB

3/5/15
I reply back to the invoice email in the early morning and show the picture and asked for them to get back to me with what can be done to correct this problem. I like to email to keep everything documented for records.

3/6/15
I get nothing throughout the day so I call later in the day on east coast time and get a message saying they are closed throughout the weekend and will be reopening on Monday after the move into their new facility.

3/9/15
I call and made the person that answered aware of my issue and that I sent an email last week showing the problem. He asks if I could send them back for correction and I ask for them to cut a replacement pair and send them to me along with a return label for the misdrilled pair. He agrees, take my name and order number, and says he'll have them in queue and cut to be sent to me with return label. I relay this with my buddy and we play the waiting game, although he tells me a local place doesn't have spacers and bolts in stock but priced higher.

3/23/15
I see this update post on the thread in the Classifieds thread on Rennlist "All orders have been shipped. Sorry for the delay guys. It seems we cant keep enough of the stuff in stock" so I give them a call and ask if I can get a tracking number. Guy says he doesn't see anything and that he'd put it in to be cut for me because it was so crazy when I spoke with him previously right after the move.

4/2/15
I send an email in the morning, to the same invoice email, asking for an update and/or tracking number, please. Nothing so at 8pm EST I post in the thread with the picture and order number asking for a tracking number or update. Nothing.

4/3/15
Dispute opened with Paypal for item significantly not as described and that could only describe the situation.

4/7/15
I send a PM asking for an update and/or tracking as I saw them currently online at 2:30pm EST. I comment on the thread "Still waiting" at 5:36pm EST. Nothing. Escalate dispute to a claim with paypal. An hour later I get a PM saying he will check the status tomorrow and get it handled.

4/8/15
Got so ridiculous that I went to a local wheel shop and paid, out of my pocket, $177 for spacers and bolts so my friend doesn't have to deal with this any longer. Original order shipped was $115. Told my friend don't worry about the difference and I'll take that for making him wait and that I'd deal with Adaptec and PayPal for a refund.

I send a PM to cancel the replacements, as I got spacers elsewhere, and to please refund me and send me a return label for the unusable product that I had already received.

4/13/15
I get a pm asking for my last name and order number and stating they're not sure why it has been delayed so long. I reply back again saying I got spacers already and to cancel the whole thing, send a return label and refund.

4/14/15
PayPal notifies me Motorsport-Tech has responded to my PayPal claim.
I get an email from Lenny, owner, asking why I opened the paypal claim and he'd be more than happy to help fix any problems, but he need to know what's going on. Let him know ASAP as he wants to fix this as quickly as possible. He sees from my history that I've ordered numerous porsche spacer kits from them before.

I respond with pictures and explanation of everything that has already been listed in this post and that I'm just looking for a full refund and return label as they could still have the ability to modify and still sell them.

4/15/15
PayPal denies my claim "PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods that can be shipped" and list the things that do not qualify for protection. Only thing I can even think applies was "custom made items" but this is normal product they sell.

I also get a PM reply to my pm on 4/13/15 stating it was his intention to cancel for me but he spoke with the boss and he said he was handling it. And for me to let him know if I don't get a reply in a timely manner and that he really apologizes for the hassle of all this.

I dispute it with my credit card company since PayPal decided to deny my claim.

4/18/15
Lenny emails me saying "I've got a new pair headed your way." WHAT?! I don't understand why I have a pair heading my way at all. I respond back saying that I already mentioned that I bought spacers elsewhere and requested to have everything cancelled and a return shipping label numerous times already.

He responds back in 3 hours saying this is why he likes dealing with stuff on the phone because he can't get to all his emails in the same day and that it's my "responsibility to return the parts, please do so"

Here we are 2 months after I placed the order. I have a beautiful pair of spacers that have the correct hub bore but drilled to an unusable lug pattern. Great lug bolts! Im out the $115 for the order with shipping. I paid $177 for spacers and bolts locally for my friend and told him not to worry about the difference for the hassle. And lastly, I apparently have a pair on the way to me, but Lenny is forcing me to be at more of a loss and pay to return everything back to them, at which they'd probably only refund me less shipping, which comes to $90, or sell them at a loss too.

I know I shouldn't have been a good friend and placed the order for him. I'm not trying to bash Adaptec because they make great and beautiful products, and I have their spacers, that were custom cut, on my centerlock car now. I'm just hoping this shines some light and aids me in resolving this issue.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:44 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear about this. Not sure what their operations entail but I'd imagine Porsche 5x130 spacers are pretty common. I had numerous issues with buying a set for myself, and all of it "my fault", and ECSTuning did everything in their power to get me what I needed immediately, after hearing about this I'm really quite glad I did that.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Name Brand is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately I'm currently having a very similar experience with Motorsport Tech as The Youngn.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:19 AM
The Youngn is on a distinguished road
What happened in your case? Misdrilled like mine were?

They decided to give me a full refund yesterday but are still trying to force me to come out of pocket to ship everything back to them

Old 04-21-2015, 07:34 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Sounds like a horribly mismanaged company. Lots of choices out there people.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Name Brand is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Youngn
What happened in your case? Misdrilled like mine were?

They decided to give me a full refund yesterday but are still trying to force me to come out of pocket to ship everything back to them
Wrong spacer thickness. Hopefully they sort everything out soon.