Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powder coated clear coat removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:15 PM
brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !
Powder coated clear coat removal

Hi guys. I have an IForged Variant wheel I had the lip repaired after it met a hole on the interstate. Unfortunately, the repair center powder coat clear coated the lip after repairing it. My other wheels are not cleared as the rag turns black when polishing and shine like chrome. Can this be wet sanded off? Shop says send the wheel back but they took forever the first time. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo643.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	889.3 KB
ID:	470137
This is the repaired wheel. See the dullness?
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo193.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	895.1 KB
ID:	470138
This is one of my others. Shinier even before polishing.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Get Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to behold
You can sit there and wet sand it off but that would take so much longer.. I would probably spend a whole weekend masking and using aircraft grade paint stripper and then polish the lip.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:08 PM
brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !
Thanks for responding! Appreciate the advice.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Get Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brockster
Thanks for responding! Appreciate the advice.
not a problem. just take it slow and don't rush it.. don't want to ruin your new powdercoated faces!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.