Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > General > 6 Speed Members Memorial Forum
Reload this Page >

RSS: GT3-RS NASA Spec. "The Colonel" - RIP Troy

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute

“The Colonel”

This Particular 997.2 GT3RS was shipped to RSS/Stuttgart Performance from the South. “The Colonel” as he is known, asked that we build it to NASA /TTS Spec. This class has a strict weight to horse power ratio that must be maintained in order to run the series.

This should be an interesting build, with a few surprises along the way. Stay tuned for a Southern Fried GT3 RS build…

Waiting its turn....
Name:  rss_2011rs_troy_start.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  721.8 KB

Let the mods begin!
Name:  rss_2011rs_troy_8.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  519.4 KB

Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm quite interested in the results Mike, what will be done to it for the weight/hp ratio? Is the car above the limit?

Keep us posted please

Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Sounds like it will be a very fun project to see evolve! Could you also tell him that I know of some KFC employees who need some attitude adjustment

Old 11-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Holy chicken nuggets! Subscribed.

-Troy

Old 11-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Troy, I thought that was your car for a second!

Looking forward to seeing the results...

[email protected]

Old 11-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
In the frier she goes

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Dedicated Customer Service Since 1998. - 310.600.1850 [email protected]
Old 11-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan View Post
Troy, I thought that was your car for a second!

Looking forward to seeing the results...

Who knows?

I do have a white one somewhere, I just don't remember were I left it.

-Troy

Old 11-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by sin911 View Post
I'm quite interested in the results Mike, what will be done to it for the weight/hp ratio? Is the car above the limit?

Keep us posted please
From what I have read, NASA TTS is 8.7 LB per horsepower no lower. For TTU (the next fastest class) the limit 5.7 LB PHP I think. The GT3 my be a better choice for TTS but using the 3RS gives you the opportunity to put the weight were you need and run the car right on the bubble. I would guess if you are 5 feet tall and weigh 135 LB. your 3RS may not be able to make it. But if you are 6'4" and 240 LB. You should be ok with an 3RS. Plus you can also add balist if needed.

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 11-19-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:23 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Subscribed. Looks like it's going to be a decent car for whoever owns this chicken leg.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2 View Post
Subscribed. Looks like it's going to be a decent car for whoever owns this chicken leg.

I think the owner is more of a breast man.

-Troy

Old 11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Glock Guru View Post
I think the owner is more of a breast man.

-Troy
Bummer. I like the spot where the 2 chicken legs meet.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I sure hope you guys post lots of pics on this build.

-Troy

Old 11-19-2010, 04:19 PM
myGT3RS will become famous soon enough
I think the one on the hoist looks cooler

Old 11-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I want to see the finish of the Seq Tranny on the inside. Looking forward to it.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
The Colonel's Secret Recipe...

When we lifted the decklid, we found the secret to this RS.. it must be a bio-fuel vehicle Porsche GT3 R Hybrid watch out!

Name:  IMG_3218.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  1.34 MB

Last edited by RSSmike; 11-19-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: RSS: GT3-RS NASA Spec. "The Colonel" - RIP Troy

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.