6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Parking 911 On Lateral Slope Bad?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 11:36 PM
jkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Parking 911 On Lateral Slope Bad?

Hello All

Have tried searching but couldn't find an answer.

Basically does anyone know if parking a car, any car (997 in my case) on a lateral Slope is bad for it? Ie the slope is from left to right/right to left. Could this cause issues with suspension/alignment etc?

My allocated parking space is on such a slope, hence why I'm asking. My alignment has suddenly gone off to the left (same side as the lateral slope), so wondering if it could have anything to do with it, or just coincidence.

Thanks
Jkay

Old 08-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jkay
Hello All

Have tried searching but couldn't find an answer.

Basically does anyone know if parking a car, any car (997 in my case) on a lateral Slope is bad for it? Ie the slope is from left to right/right to left. Could this cause issues with suspension/alignment etc?

My allocated parking space is on such a slope, hence why I'm asking. My alignment has suddenly gone off to the left (same side as the lateral slope), so wondering if it could have anything to do with it, or just coincidence.

Thanks
Jkay
No it is not bad for the car. Remember the car experiences much greater forces lateral G forces in a corner than it can ever experience parked on a slope.

My only caution is be aware that if you check the oil level -- provided the "computer" doesn't prohibit this because the car is not level enough -- the oil level reading will likely be wrong. It may read low or it may read high.

With my 2002 Boxster when I park in front of the local post office -- the road is heavily crowned there and the right side of the car is quite a bit lower than the left side -- the oil level can read very low. But because I know the level is OK I ignore this low reading.