6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Bray Windshield Skin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
Bray Windshield Skin

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone heard of Bray Windshield Skin? It's a clear protective film that helps to prevent the windshield from cracking in case a rock hits it. Just like clear bra protects paint, Bray Windshield Skin protects glass.

Bray Windshield Skin helps protect the windshield from cracking when driving your Porsches hard.

Bray Windshield Skin helps protect the windshield from cracking when driving your Porsches hard.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:41 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Yes, I've used it. Good film. Like Clearplex, it's not DYI install.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Former Vendor
Hi mto,

It's similar in concept but not exactly the same. Clearplex is a one layered product whereby Bray is either 1, 2, or 4. And you're right, it's definitely not DIY.

Best,
Manny

Old 01-25-2018, 08:27 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Hi Manny,

Familiar with the difference of the products.

I've used both on various cars over the years. For my latest sports car, I choose Clearplex. Like anything else, there are pros and cons for each individual owner.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Joseph,

I'm just learning about windshield skin. Any particular reason why you choose one over the other?

Regards,
Manny

Old 01-26-2018, 07:27 PM
mto
Originally Posted by EDHondroulis
Hi Joseph,

I'm just learning about windshield skin. Any particular reason why you choose one over the other?

Regards,
Manny
I really don’t diss any product, especially on a public forum. There are just too many variables. Especially when each application is different. Both are very good products. Bray precut product has their name embossed on the film and found the fit not perfect. So rather buy the roll of Clearplex and cut it exactly to my windshield for perfect fit.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:32 AM
Former Vendor
Good morning Joseph,

I know that Bray has the power to 3D form (precut) but you can also buy their product on a roll just like Clearplex. Next time you're in the market, let me know and I can tell you what's going on in the Bray world as they're about to release three new products this year.

Best,
Manny

Old 01-28-2018, 08:01 AM
mto
Originally Posted by EDHondroulis
Good morning Joseph,

I know that Bray has the power to 3D form (precut) but you can also buy their product on a roll just like Clearplex. Next time you're in the market, let me know and I can tell you what's going on in the Bray world as they're about to release three new products this year.

Best,
Manny
Manny,Thank you very much for the info. I didn’t know Bray also is available in rolls, like Clearplex. Good to know for the future. Next time I will try it. For me, not a professional installer, I found Clearplex easier to work work with, but Bray was a tad clearer. Like everything else, there are trade offs. Thanks again.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:08 AM
hichamaziz is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you all members for help

Old 03-06-2018, 12:11 PM
supergoji is on a distinguished road
anything for the MKIV Supra or is it custom fit?

Old 03-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
The issue with either film is that it doesn't last. If you plan on using your windshield wipers at all, don't expect the film to last more than a year before having to replace it.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 03-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor
Premier Films is right. Bray suggests that each layer lasts 5-12 months. Keep in mind that Bray is multi-layered so when the top layer is worn, just peel back to expose the next.

Regards,
Manny

Old 03-30-2018, 02:49 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Premier Films
The issue with either film is that it doesn't last. If you plan on using your windshield wipers at all, don't expect the film to last more than a year before having to replace it.
Do you recommend any alternatives ?

Old 03-30-2018, 05:54 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Abdullah,

There are some liquid coating alternatives but they don't have the hardness or protection level as a film. Keep in mind that the film is multi-layered so you can have up to 4 years of protection in one single application.

Check out www.braygroup.com for more info.

Regards,
Manny