6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Aston Martin Wheels

Old 04-22-2018, 07:53 AM
georeich is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Aston Martin Wheels

I have a 2011 Aston Martin DB9. I also have acquired an almost new set of Rapide 20” wheels with almost new tires. The problem is the wheel bolt pattern of the Rapide wheels is slightly larger than the DB9 wheel studs. I have researched the question and the conclusion is I must change out the wheel hub requiring a change out of the brake rotor and possibly the brake caliper.

Do do any of you know of an other way to do this?

Old 04-24-2018, 08:01 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
If you want to use those wheels and if the wheel bolt circle diameter is not the same as what the car will accept then a hub change -- which has the right bolt circle diameter and the right number of bolts (and you have the right bolts) -- with a rotor change and even possibly a caliper change if the right rotors are larger in diameter or thicker than what the car came with will be necessary.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:09 PM
Velden9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't you work with a wheel adaprer?
iff the offset allows you to place adapter off 20mm it's possible.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:19 PM
georeich is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

I hope I don't have to spend the money for wheel discs and new calipers. That's probably a $4000 to $5000 fix. Better off buying a Rapide and selling the DB9. I've talked to a company that makes adapters but they act like they don't want any business. I can't get a price out of them. Thanks for the replies but it looks like I don't have a viable solution. Any body need a set of Rapide wheels with almost new tires?