914/914-6
Sponsored by:

NOS 914-6GT Flares!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

I got my bumpers back today
Boy did they come out sweet!!!
Both are steel, front is cut for my RSR cooler and boxed so no air flow loss

Old 05-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
LARennsport will become famous soon enough
Those look awesome. But curious why you went with steel instead of glass? I never thought of going that route.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:04 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted to use as many factory parts as I could, I know I'll never recoupe what I have already spent (if I ever even was willing to sell it, I'M NOT!!) but just wanted to build in my mind, the best 914-6 that I could
Just my dream car, to me it is worth it, others think that I'm nots being I could have bought a nmeww 997 with what I have spent on this baby

Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 AM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
STS-South Texas Turbo

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I WISH I never sold the 914

Originally Posted by racerbvd
Sorry it took so long.
Well, it has been a long time in the making, but the twin plug 3.0 for my 914-6 GT clone is finished!!! The tranny is next (I'm still searching for a LSD) and I need to hunt out all the other bits that that go with it. Stratton Motorsports will be adding the factory flares & painting it next month, taking the 914-6 dash to be powder coated next week, the 930 front susp has already been coated (still need 930 backing plates) and need to get the Konig seats recovered.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM
944 crazy is on a distinguished road
thats so awesome

Old 07-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Former Vendor
Any updated pictures? I live for this car....

Old 07-12-2008, 11:57 PM
maltese falcon is on a distinguished road
..RacerBVD...don't forget to change out the eng. oil cooler before putting the engine in. The cooler in the pic is a 911 (non 90 deg turn) and will not clear the L/rear trailing arm. Use a 9146 cooler, or mod the end with a #16 AN 90 .
Marty

Old 07-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by LARennsport
Any updated pictures? I live for this car....

Nothing but work for me lately and since the garage I was having built is stalled, so is everything else.

RacerBVD...don't forget to change out the eng. oil cooler before putting the engine in. The cooler in the pic is a 911 (non 90 deg turn) and will not clear the L/rear trailing arm. Use a 9146 cooler, or mod the end with a #16 AN 90 .
Marty
Thanks, I have the correct cooler, but we had to use that one on the dyno.

Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor
I feel your pain. It only took me 3 years to finish my car!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 AM
2002maniac has a spectacular aura about2002maniac has a spectacular aura about2002maniac has a spectacular aura about
Awesome project!!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:44 PM
The tranny is currenly being built with a billet inter plate & sides, as well as a factory LSD, i-Systems is gearing it to match the 3.0 they built & tuned on their dyno. Little by little, it gets closer.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:28 PM
gothspeed is on a distinguished road
Hey what is the latest on this GT conversion?? I just bought myself a 1973 914 so I can do the same thing !!

I have other car and motorcycle projects too (had 914, 914LE, 911SC, Carrera, 930, 993TT and now am on the dark side with F-cars) ..... but I 'always wanted' a 914 GT .................. so post more pictures so I can get motivated .... !!!

1st post from fellow former BMXer ............

Last edited by gothspeed; 06-03-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 PM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
Nice car....love the 914/6-gt

Don't forget the balsa supports on the hood.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
This is an awesome project, I can't wait to see the finished product. I love that color.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM
smj
smj is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by racerbvd
I just picked up a NOS factory LSD for a 901,
Are you still going with a re-geared and rebuilt 901, or have you decide to flip a 915, or...?

I've got a pretty tired 3.0 SC lump in my -6, and even so first gear in the stock 901 can at most be used as a launch gear. How did your twin plug rate on the dyno? I would think you might be pushing the 901's limits even if the gearing's been changed, no?

I remember chatting with a shop owner who was very eager for me to pay him to figure out how to rig a 6 speed Boxster cable shifter... Which isn't to say it's a bad idea, just that my first thought was, "I don't know where I'm getting $10k to have you rebuild the motor, let alone that!"

Sigh. Guess I'd better start digging around on 914World and see what the current favorites are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NOS 914-6GT Flares!!!