914/914-6
Sponsored by:

NOS 914-6GT Flares!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smj
Are you still going with a re-geared and rebuilt 901, or have you decide to flip a 915, or...?

I've got a pretty tired 3.0 SC lump in my -6, and even so first gear in the stock 901 can at most be used as a launch gear. How did your twin plug rate on the dyno? I would think you might be pushing the 901's limits even if the gearing's been changed, no?

I remember chatting with a shop owner who was very eager for me to pay him to figure out how to rig a 6 speed Boxster cable shifter... Which isn't to say it's a bad idea, just that my first thought was, "I don't know where I'm getting $10k to have you rebuild the motor, let alone that!"

Sigh. Guess I'd better start digging around on 914World and see what the current favorites are.

My tranny is being matched to the dyno points (same builder) and the secret is cooling to save the gear box. I won't be launching this, as she has 9X15 Fuchs and I don't want to break anything, as I have over built. My guy is the one who builds Klub Sports engines & trannies, so he knows what works.. Another buddy of mine that about the 986 box, but he passed before he could do anything

You should tell the owner that you would do the parts if he wanted to "learn" the 986 tranny conv. then if he figured it out & it works, he has a test mule to show..

Good Luck..

Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 PM
juanchoturbo85z is on a distinguished road
What ever happened with this build?

JF

Old 06-16-2011, 03:09 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by juanchoturbo85z
What ever happened with this build?

JF
I'm still working on it, but been dealing with some health issues that have slowed down all my projects. Right now we switched gears trying to try and get the matching numbered 914-6 restoration finished for the PCA Parade Concours in GA this summer.. And I have switched directions a few times again too.. I still eed a few things to finish the int, and all that is really left it to put it all together..

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2.186854959512

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0.186854959512

Old 06-17-2011, 08:49 AM
juanchoturbo85z is on a distinguished road
Good deal. I hope you get well soon.

JF

Old 06-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by juanchoturbo85z
Good deal. I hope you get well soon.

JF
Thanks, I'm working on it, and the matching number "Six" is coming along well, and the engine came off the dyno today (I'll post about that in another thread)

Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
gothspeed is on a distinguished road
Great to see this thread again! I am re-inspired to get back on mine ...... i too had some family health issues ......... but am now getting back into it!

My engine is done and I have addressed most of the rust, will be re-installing the body deadener and am having the entire interior redone in leather .

Old 08-14-2016, 08:48 AM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
Was this project finished??

Old 08-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by gclasse
Was this project finished??
She took another step backwards last summer when in storage in a barn at a family Property, some idiot decided to move it and my 911s out of the barn and into a field😲, and still finishing up the final details on the matching numbers Six before I can get back on my GT. But now, paint has to be completely redone, so I am thinking about having her dipped then powder coated (as a base primer) before respray. Between health, the factory six (and the Naples shop who ripped us off) my projects are going backwards faster than forward 😭

Last edited by racerbvd; 08-28-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:31 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Wow - I know this is an old thread but that sucks. Hope you got it turned around.