Cary/Apex, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:34 PM
rotokim is on a distinguished road
Cary/Apex, NC Coffee and Bagels

If anyone in the Cary/Apex/Pittsboro area would like to get together for some coffee and bagels next Saturday morning, a few of us are getting together at the Bean & Bagel at Apex Peakway (in the Lowes grocery store shopping center). They have plenty of room for a few enthusiasts and a huge parking lot.

I'll be there at 7:30 am - let me know if you're coming. In case you're wondering, there is no "catch" to this. There are a few of us who simply want to get together locally and talk about our P-Cars.

Bob

Old 02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Just confirming that I'll be at the Bean & Bagel tomorrow at 7:30 am. My 996 and I drove through the rain on Wednesday, so it's a little grimy. But, still beautiful. I've heard from 944, Cayman, 997 and a 911 turbo owner that they're planning to come.

Bob

Old 02-15-2008, 03:06 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
How far is Knoxville from Apex? Any Ideas?

Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I've driven it and it's at least 4-5 hours. Knoxville is beautiful - wouldn't mind taking a drive out there on a beautiful day. If you're ever in Apex, let me know. What do you drive?

Old 02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rotokim
I've driven it and it's at least 4-5 hours. Knoxville is beautiful - wouldn't mind taking a drive out there on a beautiful day. If you're ever in Apex, let me know. What do you drive?
I can't drive!

I'd bring the 'crew', though. 997 GT3, 996 TT, 997 TT, R8 possibly, RSA. We're always up for high-performance drives.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Now you're talking. How about if we plan for a NC and TN group drive out your way. I know there's some amazing scenery. Let's keep this thread going and start building interest.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:25 AM
For sure. I know of a ton of people here. It would be sweet.I bet some Atlanta guys I know would come up too.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:44 AM
For our usual attendees who couldn't make it today, here's a quick update:
Randy (996-C2 Aero), Manil (C4S) and I (996-C2 Aero) were joined by Brad (Cayman S). My 10 yr old son was also there to enjoy the Porsches. We drove out together and headed up 64 so Randy and Brad could check out the Tech Session at European Performance. It was great to be in the line of 4 beautiful Porsches charging up the road.

I"ll be in San Francisco next week, but I hope everyone else will still get together either the Bean & Bagel or Brier Creek. I told Manil that we could meet at B&B when I get back and then head over to B&B in a group. Also, you may have seen on another thread that I'm hoping to set-up a weekend drive with some Knoxville owners.

Have a great week!
Bob

Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Here are some pictures from yesterday's event. Enjoy!
Bob

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=80sdlbr.20upvtjr&x=0&y=z9k2y4

Old 03-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Tomorrow morning, a few of us will be having bagels and coffee at the Bean & Bagel. Hope you'll join us. We'll discuss a TN trip with the group.
Bob