6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   964 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/964-22/)
-   -   1992 964 real Cup car or wannabes? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/964/429702-1992-964-real-cup-car-wannabes.html)

arjayr33 03-16-2019 07:27 AM

1992 964 real Cup car or wannabes?

Also posted in Rennlist.
A friend took me to a barn like garage and there it is a real dirty white 964 with stickers Porsche Cup car, fully welded white cage, quick release Momos,telemetry equipments and right rear window antenna, tight Recaros, slightly lowered with cambers out, etc... Title says 1992 911 Carrera 2 / Carrera 4/ RS America and has 23.5k miles and vin # ends @ 590. Not knowing much of 964 I put a cash deposit and a written agreement to a 3rd party pending finding out more if it's real or not. Upon further inspection I confirmed that the front hood is made of aluminum. Got a lot of help from Rennlist folks and so far the car is part of the 20 factory Cup cars that din't go to Andial for conversion. In 1992 Porsche produced a total of 45 cup cars for a race program and directly sent 25 cars to Andial for conversion but the race never materialized due to lack of sponsors (poor economy). These cars were then sold quietly to dealers/individuals so as not to affect the regular Porsche regular production models. I took some photos of the car but I don't know how to upload here but I can text it to you if possible 856 426 9607. So if you're an expert on this model please chime in. Thanks

arjayr33 03-16-2019 02:13 PM

Anyway, just got a confirmation from a Porsche dealer after decoding the vin # that the car is an authentic 1992 Prototype Carrera Cup-USA LT. BEIL ANLAGE

thank you for viewing

revolution993 06-24-2019 04:29 PM

you wanna sell it?

Hunter 996 09-23-2019 12:59 PM

So what ever became of this car?

arjayr33 09-25-2019 08:20 PM

Went to Princeton Porsche of NJ (certified classic Porsche restorer) for all updated services including all open recalls, full tune up and all fluid changes. After the dealer the car was sent to Auto Obsession of Pennsauken, NJ and received a concours level of detail work from head to toe including paint correction. Finally took her home after almost 3 months of sorting her out. Been driving her a lot including a trip to NJ Motorsports (Porsche sponsored event) she felt at home at the track. lots of C&C appearances and also won first place at a Porsche sponsored Concours event in its class. So far I put in almost a thousand miles since I owned her. I should really take her to the track a lot but the car became so valuable that something might happen to it. There's a thread with photos on Rennlist about the car (titled as Real Cup or Fake?) and I can tell you folks at Rennlist were real nice and really knowledgeable about air cooled toys they're amazing and good folks. Driving this car is amazing devoid of any options except power windows, lol I had taken her up to over 140 mph and still plenty of eagerness and no sound deadening anywhere so my ears were still ringing hours after putting over 400 miles in one day on a trip. I might put her up for sale before the end of the year if I get the right offer. There's 2 Cup Cars for sale in the US right now one from Bruce Canepa and Porsche South Bay both in California and the asking price for each is nuts between $449 to $499!

carreracup03 03-16-2020 09:38 AM

there is a nice on much lower than that:

https://www.hatchandsons.com/inventory/1992-porsche-964-cup-usa/

I have no affiliation - other than I had a nice one for 5 years. They are fun cars.

GT3 Chuck 04-10-2022 11:43 AM

Mike 911…when you post in a 2-3 year old thread you might not get an answer.

arjayr33 04-13-2022 06:32 AM

I still have the Cup Car folks but more street friendly the full cage and tight seats were gone including stuff like removable Momo
steering wheel, 5 point harness, fire suppressant system, telemetry, etc.. Now has a black 964 seats, lightweight carpet, OEM steering wheel with functioning horn, new factory windshield, etc... I kept the adjustable Moton Club Sport suspension tuned for the street. Currently at the showroom of a North Jersey Porsche dealership and might come home soon for the summer and thinking of BAT sometime before the end of this year. The Cup Car has RVDE!

arjayr33 08-01-2023 05:03 AM

Just a quick update the Cup now has a full original factory RS suspension and transformed the car to be more enjoyable as a street car and i wished i did that when i first got the car 4 years ago, what an amazing driving experience!. Also had all fluid services, added an Anti Gravity Lit Battery,full factory frunk accessories (carpet,spare,tool kit), and a set of Contis Extreme Contact Sport 2 tires. She was @ BAT three weeks ago and went RNM @ 228 and a private offer close to 250 was not accepted at this time. The Cup is a numbered car and not sure how many are in existence (36 out of 45 ever produced?) currently has 27.3k miles and will continue to drive her. Two as a must destination this year is the PCA National Office Open House event in Maryland and the annual Boardwalk Reunion in Ocean City, NJ. Happy Motoring everyone be safe and enjoy the rest of the driving season!