Just specced my TTS order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rams86
I'm getting close to specing mine. I was number 3 on the list and i am now number 2. My dealer is only getting one s slot initially and the guy ahead of me just bout a cayenne turbo and may not take his turbo s slot so I may move up.

I've asked the dealer if I can de select the parking sensors and he does not think it will be allowed on the turbo s which seems insane for a car in this range. I also do not like either of the wheel options but would never consider an aftermarket wheel on a porsche. I am going to see if the gt3 wheels are an option. I know the performance will otherworldly but there are many design cues I'm not wild about And. I'm a bit leery to commit before seeing icon the flesh. It's crazy to think this car will probably bein the 120's just two years from now.
I am just wondering, is there really a long line for turbo/s at the 991 price? Or Porsche is just waiting to see how many orders are going in before starting dealer allocations. 120s in 2 years, lets hope not, that is just depressing.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:47 AM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rams86
I'm getting close to specing mine. I was number 3 on the list and i am now number 2. My dealer is only getting one s slot initially and the guy ahead of me just bout a cayenne turbo and may not take his turbo s slot so I may move up.

I've asked the dealer if I can de select the parking sensors and he does not think it will be allowed on the turbo s which seems insane for a car in this range. I also do not like either of the wheel options but would never consider an aftermarket wheel on a porsche. I am going to see if the gt3 wheels are an option. I know the performance will otherworldly but there are many design cues I'm not wild about And. I'm a bit leery to commit before seeing icon the flesh. It's crazy to think this car will probably bein the 120's just two years from now.
I am also not a big fan of the default rims on the Turbo. Maybe if they were painted in black they would look better. In any case, I'm probably going to switch to the Turbo S rims instead as they look much nicer!

Old 05-24-2013, 03:54 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eddtiff
I am also not a big fan of the default rims on the Turbo. Maybe if they were painted in black they would look better. In any case, I'm probably going to switch to the Turbo S rims instead as they look much nicer!
I think they are going to look much sharper in person, the chrome/satin surface contrast with dark gray seems to be the design trends for the past few years. I has similar wheels, they look much better in person than in pictures. The "dashes" around the outer rim is too much details for me, but the rest looks good

Old 05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
aboodchy will become famous soon enoughaboodchy will become famous soon enough
Congrats bro! That's incredibly similar to the order I just placed! Can't wait to see pics when it arrives!

Old 05-27-2013, 11:07 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
The turbo seems a far better value compared to the turbo S. You can spec one without pdcc, and ceramics for just AED 560K (sport chrono included & must). A AED 100K less than turbo s. If you also want pdcc, still you can do so for AED 90K less than the turbo s. For the add'l $$$ you get from 0-100km/hr 0.1 sec quicker with the S. The engine is 3.8 either way. Just my view point.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:53 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
If I see another person speccing a turbo S, I'm going to cry!
Waiting to see what happens after the initial release.........still very much attached to my 997 TTS!

Cheers,

Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
This is going to be a perfect car. Congrats!

Old 05-27-2013, 01:53 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by The Big Easy
If I see another person speccing a turbo S, I'm going to cry!
Waiting to see what happens after the initial release.........still very much attached to my 997 TTS!

Cheers,
I spec it online daily for free There is no rush to spec out the car now, there isn't any allocation that I know of. These guys are getting their cars much sooner than the US

Last edited by mdc; 05-27-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 PM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aamersa
The turbo seems a far better value compared to the turbo S. You can spec one without pdcc, and ceramics for just AED 560K (sport chrono included & must). A AED 100K less than turbo s. If you also want pdcc, still you can do so for AED 90K less than the turbo s. For the add'l $$$ you get from 0-100km/hr 0.1 sec quicker with the S. The engine is 3.8 either way. Just my view point.
I'm in the same boat with aamersa on this one. The TTS is 100K more expensive here too. Also, I don't really need the PCCB or PDCC. The 2 tone black/red interior is very inviting though! Sucks how they limit it to the S only~!

Old 05-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by eddtiff
I'm in the same boat with aamersa on this one. The TTS is 100K more expensive here too. Also, I don't really need the PCCB or PDCC. The 2 tone black/red interior is very inviting though! Sucks how they limit it to the S only~!
Interesting, didn't know the two tone black/red was exclusive to the turbo S. Makes me love my car even more lol

Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
I spec it online daily for free There is no rush to spec out the car now, there isn't any allocation that I know of. These guys are getting their cars much sooner than the US
When are you guys expecting your first cars? In the Middle East, I'm told it's October/November at the earliest.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by aamersa
I specced a turbo with the same options I chose for the Turbo S and the turbo came in cheaper than 38K DHS. That said if I chose a turbo with no options I would be perfectly content but since the turbo S comes pretty much fully loaded, I decided to go with that option.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:22 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by aboodchy
When are you guys expecting your first cars? In the Middle East, I'm told it's October/November at the earliest.
My guess is a dealer car should be here at the end of Dec or early Jan for west cost. Maybe other has more firm time frame than me.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Apparently, there is an embargo of Oct 5, and no cars will be released before then worldwide.