OK Y'all what are the real numbers?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
OK Y'all what are the real numbers?

(PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A REPOST FROM FROM RENNLIST, BUT SINCE THEIR TURBO FORUM IS VERY SLOW TO ACQUIRE RESPONSES I'M POSTING IT HERE: oh and sorry about the all caps)

Moving right a long...

We all know many manufacturers under-rate the performance numbers on their vehicles for insurance purposes.

The last iterations of the Turbo and Turbo S could easily hit 0 - 60 m.p.h. marks of 3.0 - 2.6 (!!!) With Sport Chrono+ and double clutch technology. As we all know thats just one tenth of a mile per hour of matching the mighty million dollar Bugatti Veyron!

But now I want to know from reliable sources what the new 991 models can jiggle down the tarmac to 60 miles per hour?

With that I imagine that the engineers at Porsche have beefed up the new PDK since the new 991 Turbo S has a normal 560 BHP all day long not including Sport Chron+.

I'm just wondering if the new 991 Turbo S with Sport Chrono+ and Launch control will at least match the Veyrons 0 - 60 times of 2.5 seconds. I would NOT be surprised if the plain Jain 991 Twin Turbo could do the 0 - 60 m.p.h dance in close to 2.6!!!

Any input? What is y'alls thought on the matter?

Also P.S. I was beyond surprised that Porsche was going to releas the "S" version along side the "NORMAL" Model. Must be A new Papal Bull from VW. Which is starting to make many of us Porschphiles confuse-ered!!!

Old 06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
I'm glad we get the "S" model at the beginning,I think you get unhappy customers when a year or 2 after they just get the baddest car they make they make one better. AMG is doing the same with the new E63. "S' model at the beginning of the run also gets your customers to spend money with you not aftermarket so I think Porsche is on the right track. As for the Bugatti, it an interesting car but its not a 911 and I think the new turbo being lighter and having motor in the rear might beat it, but then again who would you rather have Kate Upton or Maria Sharapova

Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
True which would you rather have. I much have a vehicle i can drive everyday, has quality that is at the Paramount of the industry, especially for a sports car that you can drive hard and.put away wet and expect and get the same performance the next day.

With the 997.2 Turbo S we saw reports of them hitting 2.6 seconds in the zero to 60 performance critetia.

Well its just a matter of time before we get the numbers rolling in from the owners and performance house COUGH.COUGH Dan and Alex from SharkWerkz and our friends from Champion in Florida. Thank you for your input.

Ive been waiting for the new turbo to come out so i can get one but now since they're offering the S iteration from the get go has me a bit confused. I just might pull that darned that trigger on a 997.2 TTS since some folks will abandon their old S's for the new ones. VW forcing Porsche to release the S at the same time has really thrown a wrench in my purchasing thoughts and cogs.