Is it worth to get a turbo s over a turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:17 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by speed21

2) Not clear here. Keeping up is indicating to me your 458 can't get past the TT least of all "kill" it anywhere. I was hoping to hear that the 458 had the TTS's measure in every situation and them some. I do realise most driving is done under 120kph these days so the car needs to be quick from zero onward and comparable in in-gear acceleration. How do you rate it vs the TT in that area?

I'll get you more feedback when I go on more drives with him. On this drive overtaking was not allowed in the interests of safety as we were on narrow and at times winding desert roads. He went north of 260 km/hr several times while I was tending to keep it under 250 km/hr. I can say I never felt the need to over take since he was going too fast on a route he was very familiar with, hence he was supposed to lead, while it was my first time on it. I'll drag him next time some where else and let you know, but my educated guess is that the 458 will be only marginally faster 0-100km/hr than the 997 TT or TTS but will easily lose to either 991 TT in a straight line. Ferrari is not about having the fastest car on the block.

I've never heard anyone say a Porsche is a cold car to drive. Maybe understandable for a competitor to say that in a bid to gain the upper hand in making a sale but that'd be it....but i would question the intentions of anyone making that remark. I would suspect many Ferraris would have more emotion than a PT in the sense of engine sound, higher RPM limit, and general linearity of the naturally aspirated engine however this is basically the start and finish of the emotional edge unless of course you are adding into the equation the sense of occasion the car creates. Mind you a GT3 is up there in the former sense but so is a Boxster S and a 911S....but without the same sense of occasion that a F car would turn of course.

Agree with all of above.

Last edited by aamersa; 09-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:14 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
If I understood what you are posting here, the TT/TTS has more than a few critical area that you are weren't sold on - speed, soul, engine note etc. This has gone from TT vs TTS, to if the 991 is even the right car, in a Porsche forum .

I wouldn't be able to write that kind of check for a car that I have so many doubt of. I wish there is that "one" car out there for all of us, but life would be quite boring if that is the case. Good news is more and more reviews are now out for 991 TT/TTS.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdc
If I understood what you are posting here, the TT/TTS has more than a few critical area that you are weren't sold on - speed, soul, engine note etc. This has gone from TT vs TTS, to if the 991 is even the right car, in a Porsche forum .

I wouldn't be able to write that kind of check for a car that I have so many doubt of. I wish there is that "one" car out there for all of us, but life would be quite boring if that is the case. Good news is more and more reviews are now out for 991 TT/TTS.
Speed of the turbo is perfect. Speed of the 4s is garbage. The exhaust note with a quicksilver exhaust is very good as well. Soul yes I find it cold. But I like the looks and the center lock wheels. I guess I just have to drive it for myself and see how it is. I mean if it makes me able to do crazy stuff without killing myself then great lol

Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Geo_Carrera is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedsterr
I am thinking of getting the new turbo or a vantage S. They are around the same price, (off by only a few thousand), but I wanted to know the difference between a turbo and turbo S besides the added hp.

I mean 0-60 in 3 seconds for the turbo is more than enough for the street and it is 45k cheaper. And when I spec it out with all performance, turbo s wheels, but no carbon brakes, and some extra leather and aluminum it comes out to about 165k and I can get 10k off from my local dealer to make it 155k. The aston MSRP fully loaded vantage S with pretty much everything except B&O system which apparently vantage S owners do not pay extra for would be 155k.

The dealer may give me 5-8k off max since they say special ordered ones usually only sell for MSRP.

Both cars I would immediately upon delivery add a quicksilver titanium exhaust and HRE monoblock wheels. I think the new one is the s101 I believe? But those may look better on the aston than the porsche. May go p40sc on the porsche.

What do you all think? Which is better? This car will be daily driven.
What dealer are you dealing with. I would like $10 K off my order too. THX

Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Geo_Carrera
What dealer are you dealing with. I would like $10 K off my order too. THX
My parents and uncle have ordered 5 cars from this dealer so we have a relationship with them. That is why they are willing to give me a big discount. Which really isn't that big because everyone will be able to get 10k off after a year.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Sorry, first thing I thought after reading the first paragraph is "This Dude is cross shopping a Vantage with an 911 TT"?

You dont happen to work for William Morris Agency?

Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Sorry, first thing I thought after reading the first paragraph is "This Dude is cross shopping a Vantage with an 911 TT"?

You dont happen to work for William Morris Agency?
Lol no. I am cross shopping everything under 150k. I'm not loyal to any brand. I just like performance and luxury mixed in one. Which the porsche and aston both have. Not so farfetched to cross shop them.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
V12 Vantage?? only available with a manual 6-speed.

Sure the 911TT is better around the track but the V12V has enough under the hood to also scare the sh*t out of you. It is another level above the Vantage S.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 PM
So I finally decided. I think my next car will either be a vantage S, a regular turbo, or a cayenne GTS/turbo.