Skip Sport Chrono on a turbo?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:37 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Skip Sport Chrono on a turbo?

If your turbo is a DD and not a weekend toy or for track, would you skip this for a cleaner/streamline dash and enjoy the fine detail of that additional dash in leather?

Lets get "what is another 4k if you are buying a 150k car?" out of the way . When selling cars back to the dealers, I don't recall the lack of any specific (or highly options) impacted the offers they gave me. It will just be low for maximum profit.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:46 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
No way. You're going to want the overboost function and sport+! And if there is one option on the TT that is a must-have, this is it.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:47 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I'd go for it due to the fact of the dynamic engine mounts, launch control and overboost. Lap timer is just a bonus... for me at least.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:56 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I'd go for it due to the fact of the dynamic engine mounts, launch control and overboost. Lap timer is just a bonus... for me at least.
Does DEM makes much different at all for regular road use? The key here is daily driver.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:12 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by AJag
No way. You're going to want the overboost function and sport+! And if there is one option on the TT that is a must-have, this is it.
Congrats on your car, I see you ordered PDCC as well. Would love to hear customer feedback on with and without down the road

Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
Congrats on your car, I see you ordered PDCC as well. Would love to hear customer feedback on with and without down the road
Thanks, delivery estimate 12/27 so I'm gonna slap on winters and go, lol.

I basically wanted a DD/Track build, which is why I went the non S w/ PDCC, so I can keep the 5 lugs and the iron brakes.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:57 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by AJag
Thanks, delivery estimate 12/27 so I'm gonna slap on winters and go, lol.

I basically wanted a DD/Track build, which is why I went the non S w/ PDCC, so I can keep the 5 lugs and the iron brakes.
I am sure it is a great year round car. 4WD, 305 at the rear. So envy.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Ok MDC, it's a dangerous path you're going...placed order already??

Btw, I see chrono clock as an identifying element for Porsches...not to mention the rest of the goodies that come along with it.

Dude, 911S is a good enough DD...isn't it?

Last edited by Fester; 09-26-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Fester
Ok MDC, it's a dangerous path you're going...placed order already??

Btw, I see chrono clock as an identifying element for Porsches...not to mention the rest of the goodies that come along with it.

Dude, 911S is a good enough DD...isn't it?
Hey there, . I am thinking a clean dash might be a good change. Juts dont want to feel like I am in the same car... C2S is close to perfect, my other half goes everywhere with it, perfect dd and multi purpose car, now that we no longer have to worry about fitting the little one at the back.

The extra wide body is killing me. I am afraid to go see it in person... But no rush, love to hear all the input form those who are talking delivery soon.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I hear you!!! I can't wait for it too.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Overboost hp is a must have option . On top of its designed purpose a non chrono Turbo is a resale nightmare (no one will want the car) .

Old 09-26-2013, 11:59 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
I'd definitely get the chrono. Especially since the Turbo only comes with PDK and the chrono seems to be designed to complement the PDK tranny.

I went without the chrono on my 991 C2S for two reasons: I got the manual and I didn't like the clock on the dash in my 997. But now I think the 991 dash looks too plain without the clock. Porsche did a much better job integrating the chrono clock in the 991 than the previous 997 dash.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 AM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
it will be difficult for you to sell it wo sp chrono since most people want tt as more than dd. if its a lease, not as big a deal but you can sell leased car privately for a profit which will be difficult if no sp chrono

Old 09-27-2013, 09:56 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdc
Hey there, . I am thinking a clean dash might be a good change. Juts dont want to feel like I am in the same car... C2S is close to perfect, my other half goes everywhere with it, perfect dd and multi purpose car, now that we no longer have to worry about fitting the little one at the back.

The extra wide body is killing me. I am afraid to go see it in person... But no rush, love to hear all the input form those who are talking delivery soon.
If i were looking at ur car on resale I wouldn't buy it without Sport Chrono for all the reasons already said

Old 09-28-2013, 07:52 PM
deddie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fcar348
it will be difficult for you to sell it wo sp chrono since most people want tt as more than dd. if its a lease, not as big a deal but you can sell leased car privately for a profit which will be difficult if no sp chrono
Follow this advice. Sport Chrono is a must have for resale. What you save now will cost you more in lost resale.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Skip Sport Chrono on a turbo?