Don't shoot me....Reworked Turbo Order!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 AM
FASTRNU will become famous soon enoughFASTRNU will become famous soon enough
Don't shoot me....Reworked Turbo Order!

Guys,
I had a long hard think about the Turbo S I was going to order, and ultimately decided that for the type of driver I am, no tracking and just like a quick fun ride, the Turbo is more than enough car for me. I figure if I decide I do want the extra HP I am missing from the S, maybe an exhaust/tune later on.

So here is my final order, placed now with PCNA, and delivery in December. Can't make any changes now. I decided to go more leather in this one. About the only option I struggled with was PDCC, but decided to get it, as I have used it in the C2S Cab I owned, and it was nice to have.

911 Turbo $148,300

Packages
Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package P3M $3,500

Exterior Color
Black A1 $0

Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black AZ $0

Exterior
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) 602 $2,340
SportDesign Side Mirrors 529 $600
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera 638 $1,035
Porsche Entry & Drive 625 $1,090
Sunroof in Glass 653 $1,990

Performance
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) 352 $3,160
Power Steering Plus 658 $270
Sport Chrono Package 640 $4,090
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $0

Wheels
20-inch 911 Turbo Wheel 429 $0

Interior
Multifunction Steering Wheel 844 $0
Light Design Package 630 $510
Vehicle Key Painted CPK $335
Seat Ventilation (Front) 541 $840
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package P06 $0
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 581 $0
Smoking Package 583 $0
Seat Heating (Front) 342 $0

Interior Leather
Leather Key Pouch CPE $165
Interior Package in Leather EEA $790
Porsche Crest on Headrests XSC $285

Interior Aluminum
Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated XXB $900

Destination $950
Total Price* $171,150

Last edited by FASTRNU; 10-02-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:07 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Grats, great build.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:49 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Change multifunction wheel to sport wheel so you have proper paddle shifters and not those dumb things on the front of wheel. Save yourself the money on the upgraded stereo, the exhaust will be your sound track, and change the wheels to the center lock turbo S wheels and there you go. You probably could get 10k off as well and bring it down to below 160k.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congratulations on a great build. Can't wait to see it

Old 10-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Change multifunction wheel to sport wheel so you have proper paddle shifters and not those dumb things on the front of wheel. Save yourself the money on the upgraded stereo, the exhaust will be your sound track, and change the wheels to the center lock turbo S wheels and there you go. You probably could get 10k off as well and bring it down to below 160k.
I incorrectly listed the MF steering wheel. I am getting the SportDesign one with the paddles. Can't agree on the stereo, and Dealers around here are not discounting Turbos.

Corrected order below, minus the MF wheel.

911 Turbo $148,300

Packages
Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package P3M $3,500

Exterior Color
Black A1 $0

Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black AZ $0

Exterior
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) 602 $2,340
SportDesign Side Mirrors 529 $600
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera 638 $1,035
Porsche Entry & Drive 625 $1,090
Sunroof in Glass 653 $1,990

Performance
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) 352 $3,160
Power Steering Plus 658 $270
Sport Chrono Package 640 $4,090
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $0

Wheels
20-inch 911 Turbo Wheel 429 $0

Interior
Light Design Package 630 $510
Vehicle Key Painted CPK $335
Seat Ventilation (Front) 541 $840
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package P06 $0
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 581 $0
Smoking Package 583 $0
Seat Heating (Front) 342 $0

Interior Leather
Leather Key Pouch CPE $165
Interior Package in Leather EEA $790
Porsche Crest on Headrests XSC $285

Interior Aluminum
Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated XXB $900

Destination $950
Total Price* $171,150

Old 10-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speedsterr
I say let him order the car the way he wants..

Great spec FASTRNU! Congrats.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:44 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I am interested how you expect him to get 10k off?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 PM
911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, it is an amazing car and I think you are very smart for not ordering the S for such a big price difference. Turbo has more power than anybody I know can ever handle unless we are talking about hitting it straight on a German highway which is not really driving talent. I've seen drivers with 100hp Miatas doing much better than 500hp cars lap after lap on a track. I think Turbo S exists only because some people have more money to spend and Porsche needed to find a way to get it from them; not much different than Mercedes selling S65 when you can have S63 for 50K less with almost identical performance numbers.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by 911driver
Congrats, it is an amazing car and I think you are very smart for not ordering the S for such a big price difference. Turbo has more power than anybody I know can ever handle unless we are talking about hitting it straight on a German highway which is not really driving talent. I've seen drivers with 100hp Miatas doing much better than 500hp cars lap after lap on a track. I think Turbo S exists only because some people have more money to spend and Porsche needed to find a way to get it from them; not much different than Mercedes selling S65 when you can have S63 for 50K less with almost identical performance numbers.
I was originally looking for a lightly used 2011-2012 997 Turbo, and test drove two, a 2011 and a 2012 Turbo, and the 500 HP these had was overwhelming. I think the 520 this 991 Turbo has will be just fine, hehehe!

This is my first foray into what I would call Supercar territory. My last car was a 2013 Shelby GT500 with 662 HP and 631 ft/lb torque, but nowhere near the sophistication and inside/outside quality of the Porsche. I've also had several Corvettes and Vipers over the last 15 years or so.

Last edited by FASTRNU; 10-04-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:07 AM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911driver
well , i don't agree on this idea . The S makes sense if you were going to add some options like the PDCC and the S wheels . Then price becomes really close and you get an extra 40 hp.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:06 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ACRman
well , i don't agree on this idea . The S makes sense if you were going to add some options like the PDCC and the S wheels . Then price becomes really close and you get an extra 40 hp.
+1. Also, for me, I would have optioned the leather seatback shells for the turbo if I had gone that route. For the difference of PDCC, turbo S wheels, PCCBs and adaptive sport seats, you are less than 4k difference prices. And that is without the interior that I wanted, which you can't get on the turbo, of the red/black two tone.

991 turbo:
www.porsche-code.com/PEL7KSH2.
991 turbo S:
www.porsche-code.com/PE19ET80.

So, I think stating that some people just have more money than sense is kinda crazy. I am moving from a California to a 991 turbo S, when my original intent was to go California to 458 Spider. So, for me, I am "saving" money compared to original plan and still outperforming the 458.

I think, for the minimal delta in price between my optioned turbo and turbo S, it is a nobrainer to get the turbo S.

J

Old 10-04-2013, 07:16 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
Are you sure about getting black? I owned a black car once... ONCE!

Old 10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
+1. Also, for me, I would have optioned the leather seatback shells for the turbo if I had gone that route. For the difference of PDCC, turbo S wheels, PCCBs and adaptive sport seats, you are less than 4k difference prices. And that is without the interior that I wanted, which you can't get on the turbo, of the red/black two tone.

991 turbo:
www.porsche-code.com/PEL7KSH2.
991 turbo S:
www.porsche-code.com/PE19ET80.

So, I think stating that some people just have more money than sense is kinda crazy. I am moving from a California to a 991 turbo S, when my original intent was to go California to 458 Spider. So, for me, I am "saving" money compared to original plan and still outperforming the 458.

I think, for the minimal delta in price between my optioned turbo and turbo S, it is a nobrainer to get the turbo S.

J
Jason is right,
A fully optioned turbo comes very close in price to a S. The S that I specced was about 184k and had everything I wanted. That is only like 7% more than his spec for a non S, but I understand his reasoning for not getting the S if not needed. The great thing about the S is all the standard performance items not just the added HP (PDCC, Sport chromo, PCCB, etc)
For the guy who thinks you can get a discount on a brand new roll out model, you will be everyone's hero if you can prove how
These cars might offer discounts a few years later when they are left over on the lot and they are coming out with the .2 version or some other reason.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:43 AM
911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about
Ok, I admit it. I just compared msrp's of both without the add ons and if you add things, the price quickly gets to the S territory without the extra power so it is not really the same thing with an S class Mercedes comparison. Forget that I said anything

Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 AM
So for you guys that are more technically savvy about the S vs the Turbo, where is the increased power in the S coming from? Best I was able to determine it was in the tuning and the turbo pressure. Are there any internal parts differences between the S and regular Turbo engines, or is it all programming and boost changes?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think getting an extra 40 HP out of a Turbo engine would be that big or costly a deal in the aftermarket. And the PDK tranny is the same across both cars, right? So the Turbo PDK should be adequate for a HP increase up to S levels if you wanted to?

I think they are both fine cars, but I would have had to spend an extra $25K to get an S specc'd out the way I wanted, and having owned a few pretty high HP vehicles the last 20 years, it is not just about HP for me any more. Used to be, but not now.

Congrats to everyone lucky enough to be getting one in any configuration, is what I say.

Last edited by FASTRNU; 10-04-2013 at 01:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don't shoot me....Reworked Turbo Order!