FVD Brombacher – 991 Turbo - Mufflers, Cats, Headers and Tips IN STOCK NOW !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
FVD Brombacher – 991 Turbo - Mufflers, Cats, Headers and Tips IN STOCK NOW !!

I am thrilled to announce that we have completed the development of our 991 Turbo and Turbo S exhaust. These exhaust options are the culmination of all the advancements we have developed for the turbo exhaust over the years. We currently have 3 exhaust options, along with headers and exhaust tips.

The first exhaust is our "Sound Version" Muffler with 200 cell HJS "HD" Cats:

Deep, Rich and Low Flat 6 turbo tone, without the negative drawback of drone.

- + 25 Hp & + 19 torque
- 200 Cell high flow, tri metal german HJS “HD” high durability matrix sports catalysts.
- 2 3/4" tubing (70mm) for max. power across the rpm range.
- Weighs 37 lbs. (16.78 Kg).
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304.
- “Aeroquip” cone style catalytic connection design to prevent exhaust leaks.
- Includes “Aeroquip” quick release clamps.
- Made in Germany.
- Modular design for 100 cell, 200 cell or bypass use.
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle.

“BROMBACHER” MUFFLERS are vastly different than the common aftermarket, “baffle plate and packing” type mufflers. Our mufflers are uniquely made with double perforated sound absorption tubes. These tubes are made in a trapezoidal pattern and are perforated with varying diameters, which isolates and dampens unwanted drone frequencies. In relation to performance, they produce much less flow restriction at higher gas velocities, which translates to larger horsepower gains at higher RPMs. Also they prevent a total loss of back pressure at lower rpms, so low end torque loss is minimized. Perhaps the greatest benefit of the “open architecture” design, is the strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat-6 Porsche® sound with aggressive gurgling and crackling off throttle.

THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER cores used in this system are the most advanced in the industry. They are produced by HJS in Germany and are a 200 CPSI (cell per square inch) tri-metal design. Tri-Metal cats are the freest flowing and environmentally friendly aftermarket cats produced today. Tri-metal catalytic converters are Rodium, Platinum and Iridium coated and perform all three necessary and mandated reactions to prevent pollution. Reduction of nitrogen oxides to nitrogen and oxygen, oxidation of carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide and oxidation of unburnt hydrocarbons to carbon dioxide and water simultaneously. But we didn’t stop there with these catalytic converters; we also opted for the most expensive HJS “HD” cores. The new generation of HJS high performance catalysts is characterized by 30 % less weight and 15% less backpressure. They are nicknamed “HD” for high durability matrix design catalytic converters. They have a “SM-matrix” (winding of three flat and corrugated foils) and a special connection to the matrix sheath (see picture below), which equates to extremely high flow and durability for track and street use. Many of our competition simply state the cells per square inch or “German Cats” but they are not specific as this portion of any exhaust system is THE MOST EXPENSIVE component. We choose to include the best cores available on the market to ensure years of trouble free operation, reduce weight, increase horsepower and protect the environment.

Since the 991 Turbo and Turbo S exhaust is modular we are also selling 2 "muffler only" exhausts. The "Sound Version" and quieter "TÜV Version".

Here are the details on the "Sound Version" Muffler:

Perfect Muffler for those looking for a more aggressive exhaust note without changing the factory catalytic converters. The added benefit is you can reuse your OEM catalytic converters for emissions purposes.

+ 15 Hp & + 12 torque
- Reuses OEM cats, perfect for those concerned about warranty.
- Open muffler design for added power.
- Tubing diameter is the same as the OEM system.
- Weighs 19 lbs. (8,6 Kg)
- 4 on a scale of 1-10 in volume (1 being stock) below 3,000 rpms, 6 on a scale of 1-10 in volume under maximum load (3 being stock).
- Includes Cone and V band style hardware to prevent exhaust leaks.
- Made in Germany.
- Modular design for future 100 cell, 200 cell or cat bypass use.
- More distinguished growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle.
- ECU programming (Software) is NOT necessary.
- Reuses OEM tips.
- Does NOT generate catalytic efficiency codes (NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT).

Here are the details on the "TÜV Version" Muffler:

Perfect Muffler for those looking for OEM sound while cruising with a slightly aggressive exhaust note. The added benefit is you can reuse your OEM catalytic converters for emissions purposes.

+15 Hp & + 12 torque
- Reuses OEM cats, perfect for those concerned about warranty.
- Open muffler design for added power.
- Tubing diameter is the same as the OEM system.
- Weighs 19 lbs. (8,6 Kg)
- 3 on a scale of 1-10 in volume (1 being stock) below 3,000 rpms, 5 on a scale of 1-10 in volume under maximum load (3 being stock).
- Includes Cone and V band style hardware to prevent exhaust leaks.
- Made in Germany.
- Modular design for future 100 cell, 200 cell or cat bypass use.
- More distinguished growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle.
- Reuses OEM tips.

Here are the details on the headers:

+ 16 Hp & + 15 torque
- Weighs 11 lbs. (5,3 Kg)
- Includes specially designed expansion joint that resists cracking on cylinders 3 and 4.
- Made in Germany.
- More pronounced spooling sound at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle.

“BROMBACHER” EDITION HEADERS are far more necessary on the latest 991 Turbo / S than on past turbos. The latest headers from Porsche® are a very poor design that is very restrictive. They have chosen to focus far more on reliability with the header than on performance. We took the stance of reliability and performance with our latest generation “Brombacher” headers. We base the production of the header off of a double plated flange. This flange dissipates heat and vibration more efficiently and consequently does not warp like thicker single plate flanges commonly used by others. This small advancement is time consuming to make but is added in order to prevent loss of power over time due and will ensure years of trouble free operation even under severe track conditions. When you look closely at the pictures of the FVD header you will see that the primary tubing is segmented and welded. It is not “mandrel bent” like many swear by in the aftermarket industry. Mandrel bent headers have been proven to crack under the severe stresses found on the race track during severe endurance events. The mandrel bending process actually stresses and thins the material by bending it around corners. Thinner walls are the weakest point and under high heat and vibration those areas will be the first area to crack. Our primary tubing is segmented and welded under pressure with the use of forming gas. Forming gas actually pressurizes the area being welded to create a smooth inner surface. This means that material walls in the bend are consistent and strong, ensuring reliability. But we don’t stop there, once the segmenting is completed, a tool is passed inside the header, which will actually grinds away any left-over slag. This process produces extremely durable headers with superior strength that ensures higher gas velocity and less exhaust gas restriction. The header piping incorporates a 2 ¾” motorsports style merge collector (see picture below). The collector smooth’s out exhaust flow and turbulence created from the 3 primary pipes merging into one. Collectors create more velocity, which reduces backpressure and creates torque. Many exhaust manufacturers use “pyramid style” collectors or leave raw open-ended tubes, which create massive amounts of turbulence. Pyramid style collectors do a slightly better job than a raw tube but they still force air towards the flange. Our systems collector gently guides exhaust gases from the walls of the piping towards the center and lowest point of the 2 ¾” tubing. This dramatically reduces power robbing turbulence and increases the volume of gas and gas velocity which translates into superior low end and mid-range torque. We also added an expansion joint for cylinders 3 and 4, as shorter length headers tend to crack on those cylinders. Shorter pipe length does not have room to expand like a longer tube header which causes the cracking. Our double “push-piece” design on cylinders 3 and 4 allows the shorter length header to expand under these conditions and prevents cracking that has always been an issue on cylinders 3 and 4.

Here are the details on our exhaust tips:

- 2 3/4" tubing (70mm).
- Weighs 7 lbs. (3,1 Kg).
- “Quad” style tips, Inner tip is 3.5” (90 mm) in diameter and outer is 3.4” (88 mm).
- Polished Stainless Steel.
- Made in Germany
- WILL NOT FIT STOCK MUFFLERS!! These tips only work in conjunction with our “Brombacher” sport mufflers.

THE EXHAUST TIPS are a dual 3.5”/ 3.4" round design and are double walled to dissipate heat, which means that they won’t tarnish as quickly as single walled tips. There is an additional exhaust guide welded internally into the tip to split the exhaust path evenly to maximize flow, performance and sound. The design fits the factory cut outs in the bumper perfectly and is mounted via the “Aero-Quip” ball style-connecting joints so they can be perfectly adjusted and centered.

All of these exhaust options along with pricing can be found here on our online shop.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-26-2013, 07:53 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Looks good, do you have dyno plots and sound clips? Also, what are the stock component weights? Thanks!

Old 12-26-2013, 09:34 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
I second the soundclip and stock component weight difference.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 PM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zedosix
i second the soundclip and stock component weight difference.

+1..........

Old 01-04-2014, 01:55 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
++++++2

Old 01-04-2014, 02:11 PM
exgt3 will become famous soon enough
Is this exhaust system any different from the 997 offering regarding sound? There are a few mediocre videos on the old mufflers floating around. Pretty aggressive sound and fairly priced . .

Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry everyone, FVD Germany is still closed for the Holiday's. Hopefully I will have something soon in regards to the sound and weight of the stock system. If not I am awaiting a customers video in the next 7-10 days so should certainly have that posted as soon as possible.

From what I gathered speaking with M&M directly, the sound is very similar to the 997.2 TT exhaust that we sell.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 01-10-2014, 01:25 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
I have one of the full systems with headers next week for a new turbo s cab coming and will be sending the company videos by the end of the week

Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
Glad to hear! You won't be disappointed.

Hopefully we will have a few more videos posted up in the next week or so as well.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 02-11-2014, 07:27 PM
mezger will become famous soon enoughmezger will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by F430Spider
I have one of the full systems with headers next week for a new turbo s cab coming and will be sending the company videos by the end of the week
Any updates? Waiting to hear some feedback re installation and of course the soundtrack.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:04 AM
Install went smooth - if the snow would stop i can post some videos - sorry guys

Old 02-13-2014, 06:48 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
looking forward to this!

Old 05-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I'm having the "muffler only" Sound Version exhaust installed on my 991 TTS cabriolet next week. I didn't want something too loud, and we have strict emission controls in Colorado. As a result, I really wanted to keep my OE cats in place. I'll report back on it after installation.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:48 PM
steven1 will become famous soon enoughsteven1 will become famous soon enough
your gonna love it. I have the sound version full exhaust on my 991.2 Turbo and absolutely love the sound. GL enjoy....

Old 05-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Looking forward to it. The installation is scheduled for next Tuesday morning. I figure I can always add sport cats if the system isn't loud enough for me, I just worry about emission requirements in Colorado.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – 991 Turbo - Mufflers, Cats, Headers and Tips IN STOCK NOW !!