To 991 TT, or not to 991 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't do it for a 991 Turbo. A Turbo S yes!!! Plus if you only have 3800 on a 2009 when do drive it. Who are saving the car for. The next owner. BTW that's why you are getting a good deal. People want the "S" not the non "S".

Old 01-17-2014, 12:40 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I would do it and if you decide not I would be interested

Old 01-17-2014, 01:56 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CALGUY
I wouldn't do it for a 991 Turbo. A Turbo S yes!!! Plus if you only have 3800 on a 2009 when do drive it. Who are saving the car for. The next owner. BTW that's why you are getting a good deal. People want the "S" not the non "S".
FWIW I'm quite happy being schooled that "People" (most likely the "gold-chain crowd") are putting such high demands on TTS inventories.... discounts can be offered on the non-desirable "base" 991 TT's...

Old 01-17-2014, 03:15 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
FWIW I'm quite happy being schooled that "People" (most likely the "gold-chain crowd") are putting such high demands on TTS inventories.... discounts can be offered on the non-desirable "base" 991 TT's...
LOL, so true. The profit margin built into the S is greater, as well as the larger numbers produced (60/40) so for a car on the showroom floor, I'd be shocked if the S isn't discounted more heavily than the base.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:04 PM
HM1
HM1 is on a distinguished road
991tt please but at the end of the day, I would be ECSTATIC with either one.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
i dont know about the TT but i LOVE my TTS , i am sure it is a great car , you will love it either way !

Old 01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
Funny when I hear people discount the TT. Can you feel .1 second 0-60? Me either. I wrote a check for what I wanted. Can you?

Old 01-17-2014, 07:24 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
To the OP…have you considered trading in the 991 cab instead of the .1 turbo?

Since the new turbo is PDK your wife can enjoy it like she does the 991 cab and you'll still have your the '09 turbo.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PSTT07
To the OP…have you considered trading in the 991 cab instead of the .1 turbo?

Since the new turbo is PDK your wife can enjoy it like she does the 991 cab and you'll still have your the '09 turbo.
I just bought the 14 cabriolet last week. Haha

We like to enjoy the cab in the summer.

Mike

Old 01-17-2014, 09:32 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
I keep my manual shift just to keep wife and kids from using the turbo. Lethal power for teens and wife would do nothing but scratch rims, hit front spoiler and no telling what else. And in the news lately have been instances of refused carjacking because thief couldn't use manual shift box....now that has to be a major plus as well.

Last edited by johnww; 01-17-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:33 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Dunno...it depends on if you have $140 lying around for the new one. I'm not the one to ask though - My tt is 12 years old. A funny thing happens after you get over having new cars all the time. IMO it wears off in 2 weeks.

Yeah the 991 has better tech. Faster than your 2009? Not in most situations. Nicer, yeah. More isolated yeah. Better car yeah. $140k better?

That sir is the question.

Everyone is different in this regard. Maybe I'm getting old but I would probably just keep your old car - and the cash...lol

The 991TT/S is drop dead gorgeous. However, from a guy saving up for a lambo, the 991TT is ridiculously close to gallardo money. Hopefully the new huracan (baby bull) winds up moving way higher in price so the TT still remains the "sensible choice".

Last edited by ttpopo; 01-18-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttpopo
Dunno...it depends on if you have $140 lying around for the new one. I'm not the one to ask though - My tt is 12 years old. A funny thing happens after you get over having new cars all the time. IMO it wears off in 2 weeks.

Yeah the 991 has better tech. Faster than your 2009? Not in most situations. Nicer, yeah. More isolated yeah. Better car yeah. $140k better?

That sir is the question.

Everyone is different in this regard. Maybe I'm getting old but I would probably just keep your old car - and the cash...lol

The 991TT/S is drop dead gorgeous. However, from a guy saving up for a lambo, the 991TT is ridiculously close to gallardo money. Hopefully the new huracan (baby bull) winds up moving way higher in price so the TT still remains the "sensible choice".
What if I have a gallardo too? I am also going to trade my Z06 as well. I'd end up paying very little tax and have good trade numbers on the corvette as well. I'm starting to get closer and closer. Going to uncover the 09 and gaze for a bit. And then go look at the 14 with my wife.

Mike

Old 01-18-2014, 09:12 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by svoshop
What if I have a gallardo too? I am also going to trade my Z06 as well. I'd end up paying very little tax and have good trade numbers on the corvette as well. I'm starting to get closer and closer. Going to uncover the 09 and gaze for a bit. And then go look at the 14 with my wife.

Mike
Haha - my bad, I didn't see your sig.

Well in that case, I ask you how you feel about the gallardo vs the tt?

Everyone feels differently about cars, but as a long time car enthusiast and track junkie I feel that many newer cars bristle with tech, but ultimately the sports car experience hasn't really changed. If anything, it's gotten watered down.

Your 2009 is really nice. How much will they give you for it - $75k?

Z - maybe - $40k?

So a Z06, TT and $75k cash for a 991TT?

Have you modded your 2009? That IS the best year 7TT to mod. Sure the 991TT will drive itself faster, but I would personally find a 7tt with 750HP and a nice exhaust far more entertaining than a 991TT with 580HP and a symposer.

Not knocking the 991TT - again, AWESOME car...

Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
"gold chain crowd" you must be referring to the C7 Stingray and upcoming and the newly released ZO6. Porsche Turbo S owners are more like your newly minted "IPO'd" with money burning a hole in their pocket. Not into jewelry. Maybe a nice watch and ring if married. But that's it.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by ttpopo
Haha - my bad, I didn't see your sig.

Well in that case, I ask you how you feel about the gallardo vs the tt?

Everyone feels differently about cars, but as a long time car enthusiast and track junkie I feel that many newer cars bristle with tech, but ultimately the sports car experience hasn't really changed. If anything, it's gotten watered down.

Your 2009 is really nice. How much will they give you for it - $75k?

Z - maybe - $40k?

So a Z06, TT and $75k cash for a 991TT?

Have you modded your 2009? That IS the best year 7TT to mod. Sure the 991TT will drive itself faster, but I would personally find a 7tt with 750HP and a nice exhaust far more entertaining than a 991TT with 580HP and a symposer.

Not knocking the 991TT - again, AWESOME car...
My trades are much higher in value. You are close to 20 thousand lite. I'm telling you , it's a smoking deal.

As far as the gallardo ... It's a different animal. I enjoy the looks of the Lamborghini more than the 911. After driving the lambo every other car feels like a ford Taurus. But if you do not love attention, do not get a Lamborghini. I get a kick out of it. But owning a business, I am careful where I take it. As I never want people to get the wrong impression. I work hard just like every one else , my enjoyment is my toys.

I am thinking more and more to just keep my 911 and mod the crap out of it. I am a speed junkie. Fast is never good enough. I have to have stupid fast. And my 911 TT is my "fast" car.

Mike.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To 991 TT, or not to 991 TT