2014 991 tts europipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 AM
mezger will become famous soon enoughmezger will become famous soon enough
More Details on Europipe Exhaust

I've emailed Stef with questions on the newly released exhaust and also details on the order/delivery process. When comparing the sound of this 991 release against the previous 997 system I felt it came up a little short. Assuming there's a general interest in this muffler, I wanted to post Stef's response to questions on the posted video.

{ "I don't want it to be any louder, it's louder in real life indeed. Maximum revs in this short video was only 3500 rpm. You can double that!

Sport button was activated all the time.

Installation takes about 4-5 hours. The rear bumper has to come off so you really do need a helping hand.

We are just a small company so we don't have dealers but we can ship anywhere.

Most states charge 2.5% duty so in this case that would be $4805 x 2.5% = $120. FedEx has to collect the duty. They do that with COD or they send a bill afterwards. We can also pre-pay the duty to FedEx if that would be easier.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and bank wire transfers. For an order we need a billing address, a shipping address and a phone number.

I authorize a card one day before we ship. Once shipped I'll forward the tracking number and then we'll charge the card.

Shipping takes 4-5 days. The muffler will ship 2-3 weeks after an order."

"To me the stock exhaust is pretty loud because it drones between 1800 and 2200rpm. Guess what, its the same rpm the car shifts gears.
Luckily we were able to eliminate that drone so you get tone instead of plain noise.
Also the engine sounds cleaner in sport mode. In regular mode there is a lot more "belt drive" noises." }

Me, I for one am looking forward to a more aggressive 'drive-by' video.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:00 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mezger
When comparing the sound of this 991 release against the previous 997 system I felt it came up a little short.
Our new exhaust sounds louder than the previous ones though.

With a warm engine at idle and measured at a distance of 1 meter behind the car:

991 Turbo stock exhaust: 73 dB

997.1 Turbo Europipe stage 1: 75 dB

991 Turbo Europipe: 78 dB

991 Turbo Europipe sport mode: 80 dB

Old 02-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Yellowpman has a spectacular aura aboutYellowpman has a spectacular aura aboutYellowpman has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
Our new exhaust sounds louder than the previous ones though.

With a warm engine at idle and measured at a distance of 1 meter behind the car:

991 Turbo stock exhaust: 73 dB

997.1 Turbo Europipe stage 1: 75 dB

991 Turbo Europipe: 78 dB

991 Turbo Europipe sport mode: 80 dB
Do you have a max db reading as most tracks have limits

Old 02-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yellowpman
Do you have a max db reading as most tracks have limits

At a distance of 1 meter behind the rear bumper it's 104 dB at 5000 rpm in both regular and sport mode.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:23 AM
Yellowpman has a spectacular aura aboutYellowpman has a spectacular aura aboutYellowpman has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
At a distance of 1 meter behind the rear bumper it's 104 dB at 5000 rpm in both regular and sport mode.
Thank you