tested 991 turbo s 0-100km 2.95 seconds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 04:09 PM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
tested 991 turbo s 0-100km 2.95 seconds

Friend just got a new turbos. Just did a quick 0-100km test two weeks ago.
Here is the result.
The surface was cold. Should be able to get down to 2.7 or 2.8 in the summer.
Even 2.6

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	253
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	330320  
Old 02-06-2014, 07:00 PM
TC M3 has a spectacular aura aboutTC M3 has a spectacular aura about
Nice!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:35 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
I'm confident that this car is going to hit 2.6.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:00 AM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
Factory says less than 3.0 . A V- box test might be more accurate... or better, A car magazine with proper equipment at a proper drag strip.
2.6 is just a dream 0-100 . 2.8 maybe and maybe not........

Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gtr guy in az
Factory says less than 3.0 . A V- box test might be more accurate... or better, A car magazine with proper equipment at a proper drag strip.
Road and track pulled a 2.6 to 60 on the 997. No reason to believe it can't happen with this model considering its higher hp #'s.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:58 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Do you get some sort of prize for pulling a 2.6 instead of a 2.8/2.9? lol

Old 02-07-2014, 08:09 AM
The prize is the tts, the 2.6 is the icing on the cake.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 AM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zedosix
The prize is the tts, the 2.6 is the icing on the cake.
+1! No reason to think the new turbo s won't put a 2.6/2.7 zero to 60.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 AM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
Porsche Canada claim 0-100 3.1 for turbo s.
Looks like the lied again. Haha

2.6 0-100 may not happen.
But 2.6 0-60 MPH is definitely possible.
We did the test at night on a highway. The temp was cold and surface was cold.
If in a cool summer night I have a strong fell it will do a 0-100 in 2.7. if it 0-60MPH 2.6 most likely will happen. The car pulls so hard.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Porsche Canada claim 0-100 3.1 for turbo s.
Looks like the lied again. Haha

2.6 0-100 may not happen.
But 2.6 0-60 MPH is definitely possible.
We did the test at night on a highway. The temp was cold and surface was cold.
If in a cool summer night I have a strong fell it will do a 0-100 in 2.7. if it 0-60MPH 2.6 most likely will happen. The car pulls so hard.

You're just a big tease!

Old 02-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Road and track pulled a 2.6 to 60 on the 997. No reason to believe it can't happen with this model considering its higher hp #'s.

Be careful with those. They include 1 foot roll out and density altitude correction. I've seen first hand that the corrections can really alter the time to something well beyond what a real person can manage.

This was originally implemented to normalize manual transmission tests. With the advent of launch control and the continued use, it simply skews the times beyond reality. Unfortunately, removing the corrections would nullify 30+ years of testing (in their opinion).

Old 02-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Be careful with those. They include 1 foot roll out and density altitude correction. I've seen first hand that the corrections can really alter the time to something well beyond what a real person can manage.

This was originally implemented to normalize manual transmission tests. With the advent of launch control and the continued use, it simply skews the times beyond reality. Unfortunately, removing the corrections would nullify 30+ years of testing (in their opinion).

None of that matters really, its still an equal comparison between all cars.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:54 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
I did 2.6 second 0-60mph VBox verified at the drag strip last weekend with 997.2 TTS (tune + plenum), which gets me to about the same power level as the 991 TTS. But I still spun a bit with Michelin PSS. Pretty confident that I can do a 2.3-2.4 as I'm switching to R888s for the next drag event. I'm sure with R888's the 991 can do mid 2's no problem.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
Factory says less than 3.0 . A V- box test might be more accurate... or better, A car magazine with proper equipment at a proper drag strip. 2.6 is just a dream 0-100 . 2.8 maybe and maybe not........
I pulled 2.98 using a vbox sport (will upload the screenshot tomorrow) with 10.6 quarter mile. Surface was not the best (was abit dusty) and weather was cool (14 celsius). Could definitely get lower say 2.6/2.7 if i had bit more grip as there was abit of wheel spin.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
None of that matters really, its still an equal comparison between all cars.
Within the test bed. But it's no longer reminiscent of what the cars can achieve in the real world.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tested 991 turbo s 0-100km 2.95 seconds