What advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
What advice?

Good evening, everyone -

I posted this on another forum as well...

I ordered a Kline SS exhaust, Cobb AP, plenum and air filter from SamboTT yesterday. The items will be here next week. Any pre-installation thoughts from any of you that have experience with either of these items? Anything that I can do to "be ready" for the "event?"

Also, big plug for Sambo. He was patient, didn't pressure me when my schedule got busy, and was very flexible in helping me. Props for someone that does it correctly.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Mike

Old 08-22-2015, 04:13 AM
pasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond repute
i ordered a Kline inconel exhaust, headers back, and the Cobb AP. Installed the Cobb AP with Sam over the phone, very easy and glad I did it myself, the exhaust was done at dealer. Dealer had no problems with exhaust and was particularly impressed with headers. I had the same experience with Sam, one of the most knowledge auto guys I know. The car performs and sounds great, you will be 100% satisfied.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pasd181
i ordered a Kline inconel exhaust, headers back, and the Cobb AP. Installed the Cobb AP with Sam over the phone, very easy and glad I did it myself, the exhaust was done at dealer. Dealer had no problems with exhaust and was particularly impressed with headers. I had the same experience with Sam, one of the most knowledge auto guys I know. The car performs and sounds great, you will be 100% satisfied.
Sam's the MAN.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:55 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Hagerty and USAA for my cars. Hagerty is more expensive than others if I wanted to change. Maybe one day I will. That said, I did raise my deductibles on my cars to 3K to 5K and it saved me a good chunk of hundreds.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:08 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mto
Hagerty and USAA for my cars. Hagerty is more expensive than others if I wanted to change. Maybe one day I will. That said, I did raise my deductibles on my cars to 3K to 5K and it saved me a good chunk of hundreds.
I had USAA for years and when I checked I found that Geico was about 1k a year cheaper with the same coverage, called USAA back to see if they would match it before I switch and they could not come close. I also checked to see what the difference would be going from 1k to 2500 and it was only about $200 a year difference, not worth the saving if I get hit by an uninsured idiot. Maybe you should check around so you don't have to have 5k deductibles.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
I would highly consider the equal length Kline headers too. From my understanding, the equal length headers change the tone of the exhaust to a more exotic sound. Could be wrong, but pretty sure this is correct. I did the whole kit and caboodle (By Design Stage 4) before setting a finger on my 991 Turbo so i have no clue how it drove or sounded before... LOL

Another common thing i read is the y-pipe connector sleeve. Upgrade that to the newest part # so it's less likely to pop off during boost. But maybe someone could chime in on this one...

Old 11-29-2018, 04:48 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
Sam is great to deal with, could not be any happier with how my car performs everyday

Old 11-29-2018, 08:20 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Sam is very nice and gave me some advice over several months. Even was cool when I found a used Cobb AP for a great deal and didn't try to talk me out of it just to sell me a new one. I respect that. I bought the used AP and then bought the PDK tune from him. I Love the new shift strategy of the PDK tune!

Good luck with your car.