Notices
991 Turbo
Sponsored by:

Bazooka Shooter Part Deux - 991TT Straight Pipes

Old 09-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Premium Sponsor
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Bazooka Shooter Part Deux - 991TT Straight Pipes

Many many moons ago we made what we called Bazooka Shooter Straight Pipes for the 997 Turbo. These were straight from the turbo out the the bumper and were loud as hell! With no backpressure, the turbos spooled up like a SON O B. Perfect for the drag racer, 1/2 mile runner, or those that just dont care .

Well now we are making them for the 991 Turbo and Turbo S. There will be 2 variations. Making these here in our AZ facility, we will do a set that works with the factory or factory style tips. To do this we have to neck down the 3 inch tube to a split of two tubes. We will make another variation similar to our 997 TT that have its own tip integrated so it has two 3" tips with no reducing. Staight stainless, TIG welded, and will have 02 bungs for the sensors. Expect a CEL unless you have a proper ECU tune.

Should have sound clips and more pics coming soon in this development thread

UPDATED 9/30/15 Here https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4407654

Enjoy!

Here is a pic of the 997TT ones

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AP_991 Straight Pipe-1.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	581.2 KB
ID:	429084   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP_991 Straight Pipe-2.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	629.5 KB
ID:	429085   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP_991 Straight Pipe-3.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	429086   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP_991 Straight Pipe-4.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	429087   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP_991 Straight Pipe-5.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	608.7 KB
ID:	429088  

AUSTIN - Porsche Performance
1.480.966.3040 x246 / [email protected]

Porsche Performance Store // 997 996 Turbo ECU Flash // Cayenne ECU Tune // Boxster Cayman Flash // Carrera Tuning // Panamera Tuning

Last edited by vividracing; 09-30-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:24 PM
PMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond repute
If that had cats, I'd be all over it. Raunchy!!

- Patrick

Old 09-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Premium Sponsor
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PMNewton View Post

- Patrick
Raunchy is definitely a good way to describe these

Porsche Performance Store // 997 996 Turbo ECU Flash // Cayenne ECU Tune // Boxster Cayman Flash // Carrera Tuning // Panamera Tuning
Old 09-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
Added a video of the first startup!

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_7898 (2) (1).MOV (3.84 MB, 178 views)

Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM
Premium Sponsor
Here is a non iphone video of the pipes...

https://instagram.com/p/8EuBdvu1k6/?...by=vividracing

I was fortunate enough to be standing there for the first start up and this thing was LOUD

Old 09-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Visceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond reputeVisceral has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post

Old 09-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by PMNewton View Post

- Patrick
We could do a custom 1 off set with HJS Cats I have here. Would be quite the penny though with the cost of those. If you are interested, let us know.
Dan

Old 09-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Premium Sponsor
UPDATE ARTICLE

Our Project 991 Turbo is in different hands now, but we are fortunate enough to be able to still play with it. Having a slew of power proven parts already, we wanted to make a new part that would be loud, make power, and drive the fanboys nuts! So we did Just like we built on our Project 997 Turbo, these straight pipes, aka Bazooka Shooters, are a turbochargers dream. Fabricated here in our Gilbert, Arizona facility, they feature 3 inch stainless steel piping that fits harmonously with the stock or aftermarket tips. Retaining the bungs for the O2 sensors, you can be sure that without a tune, these will give you a CEL. But with the power, feracity, and sound that these give you, a weekend of fun will make that light go away till you are ready to reinstall your regular exhaust.

We tested these on our 991 Turbo and kept the only variable different being the exhaust. Already equipped with the VR Tuned Tuning Box, AP Y-Pipe, AP Intakes, and AP Headers, this car has some *****. With the straight pipes, the turbos spooled up much quicker making peak torque almost 400rpm quicker. From the start of test at 2500 rpm to 3800 rpm, the car made an additional 65 ft/lbs of torque. Torque stayed strong through the midrange with an additonal 25 ft/lbs. Horsepower was increased in the midrange around 5200 rpm with a peak of about 40 awhp. All of these tests were done on our Mustang AWD Dyno with 91octane and an ambient temperature of around 90F.

If you are interested in these new parts, contact one of our sales representatives at 1.480.966.3040 or shop all our Porsche 991 Turbo Parts Here.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:45 PM
PMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond reputePMNewton has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
We could do a custom 1 off set with HJS Cats I have here. Would be quite the penny though with the cost of those. If you are interested, let us know.
Dan
Hi Dan. You were very helpful when I was trying to install the used H&R springs from your old project car. I appreciated that. It went very smoothly after you sent me more photos and I got the correct ball joint separator.

Do you have any 100 cpsi cats? I might take you up on that after the new year.

- Patrick

Old 09-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Premium Sponsor
Thank you sir, I and everyone else here really try our best.

We only have 2 kinds of cats here. HJS which I think are the 100cell and then Magnaflow which is a 200 cell. Unfortunately both throw lights still if that is the question. If for emissions, well, then yes they will be attached Keep me posted and send some pics of the car to my email for our blog! [email protected]

Old 09-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Thank you sir, I and everyone else here really try our best.

We only have 2 kinds of cats here. HJS which I think are the 100cell and then Magnaflow which is a 200 cell. Unfortunately both throw lights still if that is the question. If for emissions, well, then yes they will be attached Keep me posted and send some pics of the car to my email for our blog! [email protected]
I can get around the light. I'll be in touch when my wife gives my allowance back .

- Patrick

Old 10-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Premium Sponsor
The old "my wife" situation Here is how you get around that. Start a LLC and then tell your wife its your new auto parts business and you need it for marketing!

We should have video from the 1/2 mile even of these in action this weekend. As always check out Instagram www.instagram.com/vividracing or facebook www.facebook.com/vividracing

Old 10-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
Enjoy this launch control video from the 1/2 mile event

Old 10-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
Here is an in cabin video of the 991 Turbo beating the **** out of my McLaren

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bazooka Shooter Part Deux - 991TT Straight Pipes

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.