Happiness is in datalogging.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 04:10 PM
unotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant future
Happiness is in datalogging.....

Can't wait for my custom tune Sam!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5901.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	547.4 KB
ID:	429977  
Old 10-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
That's what I am here for. The reason I don't do anything else is the happiness for us all! I keep telling people, after almost 20 years I am having so much fun all over again with these cars, people and team!

Will have something doe you by end of day!

Old 10-08-2015, 04:37 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I spy a red interior.... :-) Sam will get you setup right.

Sam: amen brother - 16+ years in and enjoying every minute in the game.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I spy a red interior.... :-) Sam will get you setup right.

Sam: amen brother - 16+ years in and enjoying every minute in the game.
Cheers to that Alex! You are one of the good ones.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:44 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Cheers to that Alex! You are one of the good ones.
Thanks man! Really appreciate that.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Looking good!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 10-08-2015, 10:12 PM
unotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant future
Now this is customer service! I emailed my datalogs to Sam at By Design and in 3 hours time, I received my customized Cobb Stage 2 tune for my car with the Europipe exhaust!

Uploading the revised onto the Accessport was a breeze and the new flash to the car took approximately 60 seconds. Went out for a quick drive and I was so surprised by the numerous improvements that I just had to call Sam and give him my notes. I have never met another tuner who picks up their phone and talk to their client about geeky software terminologies at 8:45pm. Unparalleled customer service!

Driving impression on my custom Cobb Stage 2 tune:

1. Smoothness, lots of it!

Everywhere across the power band. Sometimes the OTS map would be jerky when shifting between gears during full boost. This is no longer the case here! There is a bit more power in the top end at around 5000-5500rpm as well.

2. Throttle response during the lower rpm (1300-2500rpm) has been significantly improved! This was one of the criticism that I had about the Cobb tune compared to the GIAC, but this is no longer a concern.

3. There is now more linearity in the throttle position in relation to the boost output, making the car much easier to drive and “less nervous.” I think previously, the OTS Stage 2 map was a little bit too aggressive where you feather the throttle at 10% and the car gives you 60% boost. Now the car is much better at giving you a more linear response!

I will follow up next week with more driving and more datalogging! When the weather gets a little bit cooler here, we will revisit the custom map again and verify everything is running perfectly! Thanks Sam!!

Old 10-09-2015, 04:16 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unotaz
Now this is customer service! I emailed my datalogs to Sam at By Design and in 3 hours time, I received my customized Cobb Stage 2 tune for my car with the Europipe exhaust!

Uploading the revised onto the Accessport was a breeze and the new flash to the car took approximately 60 seconds. Went out for a quick drive and I was so surprised by the numerous improvements that I just had to call Sam and give him my notes. I have never met another tuner who picks up their phone and talk to their client about geeky software terminologies at 8:45pm. Unparalleled customer service!

Everywhere across the power band. Sometimes the OTS map would be jerky when shifting between gears during full boost. This is no longer the case here! There is a bit more power in the top end at around 5000-5500rpm as well.

2. Throttle response during the lower rpm (1300-2500rpm) has been significantly improved! This was one of the criticism that I had about the Cobb tune compared to the GIAC, but this is no longer a concern.

3. There is now more linearity in the throttle position in relation to the boost output, making the car much easier to drive and “less nervous.” I think previously, the OTS Stage 2 map was a little bit too aggressive where you feather the throttle at 10% and the car gives you 60% boost. Now the car is much better at giving you a more linear response!

I will follow up next week with more driving and more datalogging! When the weather gets a little bit cooler here, we will revisit the custom map again and verify everything is running perfectly! Thanks Sam!!
I also saw the trait described in number 3 when I drove a Cobb stage 2 car about 80 miles to Atco with the turbo response to throttle input being very on/off. Seems that this is fixed. Good stuff.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unotaz

Glad you are enjoying the car! Let us know if there is anything that we can help with!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 01-10-2016, 02:16 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Very Nice write up. Thanks

Old 01-10-2016, 02:23 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
I been telling this for years now, COBB is the #1 option for your Porsche... and if you put Sambo in the mix? #forgetaboutit

Old 01-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Former Vendor
Hey Michael, sorry I missed you in Vegas at the Sema show. Call me any time to touch base and catch up!